Rivens Realistic Train Acceleration (based on cargo)

This mod makes train acceleration more realistic and depend on the amount of Cargo. (youtube demo included)

Tweaks
4 months ago
Trains

g [no-feedback] Suggestion: For compatibility Brakes/power treated as weight?

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

Hi, so i'm currently using modded trains and wagons from Angels and they have tiered trains that increase weight and power (idk if it also increases others stats).

I kinda end up with the tier 5 loco being 80k of weight, which, although an insane amount, i understand there's not much you can do about it but may i suggest also doing the same method to improve the power and braking power so that they scale somewhat relative with the weight?

I understand that you end up depending on the values of the other entities a bit much this way but it's a bit baffling seeing a mk1 outperform an mk5 in any trip that's not EXTREMELY (as in: 30 minutes) long, no matter the train lenght. Although i understand that those super trains might go against the intent of your mod, it's still abit sad being outperformed by a train that 50 times less resource intense, this might not be that relevant if i went and changed the cargo values BUT if i do that i just end up with just small fat trains that carry millions in them and that's worse than than just relatively slow accelerating and slow braking 600km/h train that are proportionally faster than the base trains, you feel me?

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

Hey Elbeacon, I installed the BobAngles mod (with sub-mod Mass Transit), and only get locomotives up to MK3 in creative-mode (which is 40000kg). I added support for those in the latest version (0.1.16) and the speeds are quite balanced now IMHO. Could you give me the name of the mod that adds MK4 and MK5 trains to Angles? Thanks!

7 months ago

sorry for the delay riven, the mk4 and mk5 trains are from angels, i'ts in setting that you choose how many variations it has, mk 5 being the highest one

New response