Rivens Realistic Train Acceleration (based on cargo)

This mod makes train acceleration more realistic and depend on the amount of Cargo. (youtube demo included)

Tweaks
4 months ago
Trains

i [solved] compat for angel/bob

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

hello, very nice mod, been looking after it a while and testing from time to time and i think it need 2 things :
- there is no difference which locomotive i use from bob mods (mk1,mk2,mk3 all same) and if i use armored loco (a lot better than other, more HP, more grid) it is also the same , only braking start faster , i guess cos its lot heavier...
- your fuel mechanic is great idea however it need balancing a lot more cos tons of other fuels bob/angel add and also mad clown which i also use ... currently trains runs faster on wood brick than on rocket boosters in my game , or faster on coke pellet than on coke which is same thing but compressed ... also there is some super fuels from mad clown with 4GJ , im pretty sure trains gonna go crazy on that with yours formula
EDIT: seems that (no matter fuel) max speed any train (modded or not) can get is little over 200 (so no personal transport with any train) - thats biggest problem i have with this overall nice mod atm :)

1 year, 1 month ago

Hey Trampek! Thanks for your elaborate feedback :) I added support for Bobs MK2/MK3 trains, and Bobs MK1/MK2 armoured trains. Would be great if you could give it a try! I only tested the regular fuels (wood, coal, solid fuel, rocket fuel, nuclear fuel) at the moment, so please keep that in mind :)

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

hey, nice to hear its been fixed and tnx for your work :)
i moved to Py mods now and not playing bob/angel atm (mayby ever) so will be hard to test that for you. Py uses even more diffrent locos and fuels so i doubt your mod will work with that ( would be cool if it did tho)
i think some mod option that could disable your fuel new values would save you a lot work for overhauls like those while your mod would be still working , not sure what would happen with Py locomotives then tho (surely fuel would not work cos Py got some really diffrent ideas there)
i can try and see what happen when i add your mod there but we just started new save and it will take us at least 1-2 weeks to get to trains

1 year, 20 days ago

I'll try to support Py later, but for now I limited the fuel-value of items to roughly "twice the punch of nuclear", so there's that... :)

New response