Rivens Realistic Train Acceleration (based on cargo)

This mod makes train acceleration more realistic and depend on the amount of Cargo. (youtube demo included)

Tweaks
4 months ago
Trains

g [solved] Mod incompatibility

2 years ago

I liked your mod, but it messses with small boat's speed(from Cargo Ship mod).

It's like a speedboat now haha

2 years ago

Interesting! I'll install the mod tomorrow and see what causes the quirk. It's probably the low weight of the boat, making the engine relatively bonkers. Thanks for letting me know!

2 years ago

I installed the Cargo Ship mod. I built a boat (the smallest entity), and measured the speed after 10sec of acceleration (30km/h), then I installed my mod, and did the same: this time it reached 23km/h after 10sec. So it seems the mod certainly does not speed up the boat. Maybe you meant that relative to the slow trains, the boat now just looks like a speedboat?

2 years ago

I added explicit support for the CargoShip mod, in version 0.1.10, now the ships take their sweet time too. Please tell me what you think! Mind you: the fuel type is quite important.

2 years ago

Maybe it's because I have other mods loaded in my save.

But when I installed your mod, the small boat goes up to 100km/h really quick.

I only removed your mod and everything is back to normal. Strange.

2 years ago

I can confirm the small boat still goes up to 100Km in this update. I only added your mod.

I also have aircraft realism and vehicle physics for 1.1+ loaded. Maybe it's one of them conflicting.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Could you please post a complete list of your enabled mods?

I installed [aircraft realism] and [vehicle physics for 1.1+] and the small boat behaves normally.

The 'max speed' of the small boat is 58km/h for me (the max-speed that is visible in the UI), the actual speed is between 20-30. I doubt any vehicle can go faster than than the max-speed as defined by the game.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Aha, I think you don't mean a boat that follows a track, but a user-controlled boat.
I see that the car has 'exceptional' acceleration too, I'll fix that.

2 years ago

Can you test version 0.1.11?

New response