Rivens Realistic Train Acceleration (based on cargo)

This mod makes train acceleration more realistic and depend on the amount of Cargo. (youtube demo included)

Tweaks
3 months ago
Trains

b [solved] Bug (in multiplayer)

3 years ago

Error while running event TrainSpeeds::on_tick (ID 0)
Trying to change direction of automatic train moving on a path.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'newindex'
__TrainSpeeds
/rivenmods-common-v0-1-0.lua:123: in function 'setTrainSpeed'
TrainSpeeds/control.lua:117: in function 'adjustTrainAccleration'
TrainSpeeds/control.lua:239: in function <TrainSpeeds/control.lua:213>

3 years ago

thanks, i'll look into it!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I updated all my mods, it adds an additonal safe-guard to prevent inverting the velocity of a train at any point. I have a fairly big base, and could not reproduce the issue, I'd like to hear from you whether the patch resolved the issue. Thanks!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

If the issue still occurs, and is predictable, it would be great if you could send a save-game :)

3 years ago

This isn't reproducible. We were playing over 30 hours and this has happened only once. We don't know if we did anything unusual.

Still, it was annoying because the last auto-save was over 5 minutes earlier, so thanks for looking into it.

3 years ago

If it happens again, you might send the last-autosave file :)

What I patched was a case where train was already forcefully braking (like changing a rail-signal to red through the circuit-network), the additional braking that the mod did, flipped the velocity to negative values. I capped it to zero. Hope it fixed it, but there may be another cause still. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the mod! Sorry I wasted 5 min of your time :)

New response