Simple ways of scheduling trains.

Content
1 year, 8 months ago
Trains

g General questions

1 year, 10 months ago

General questions about using the mod:
1) I didn’t quite understand how the symbol S differs from C
2) Is it possible to add a text label at the end of the station name? (Including to distinguish between stations with the same behavior, but different groups of trains)?
3) I didn’t understand about the white icon (on the screenshots there is only a gas station icon). Is it just a label not handled by the code?
4) What happens if you manually change the train schedule (will it be updated only after the station is renamed? What is considered renaming: opening a window and clicking the checkbox? Adding a space?)

Information page notes:
5) Description of screenshots is outdated.
6) Add a description of the w parameter (generally understandable, but the guide is clearly missing)

1 year, 10 months ago

hello, I had tips-and-tricks in game, open the menu and you will see

1) I didn’t quite understand how the symbol S differs from C
the signal is only freight (ex: [item-iron]) => add 1 cargo condition
the signal + S is freight and same signal (ex: [item-iron]S) => add 1 cargo condition and add 1 circuit condition with the signal
the signal + C is only circuit (ex: [item-iron]C) => add 1 circuit condition

2) Is it possible to add a text label at the end of the station name? (Including to distinguish between stations with the same behavior, but different groups of trains)?
yes you can have a text label at the begin or at the end

3) I didn’t understand about the white icon (on the screenshots there is only a gas station icon). Is it just a label not handled by the code?
it's juste use similare icon but is manually scheduled, not by script

4) What happens if you manually change the train schedule (will it be updated only after the station is renamed? What is considered renaming: opening a window and clicking the checkbox? Adding a space?)
you can't change the train schedule if you use green icon, if you change the station name all trains will updated schedule

5) Description of screenshots is outdated.
yes i must update but you can see in game menu

6) Add a description of the w parameter (generally understandable, but the guide is clearly missing)
If you use quantity '1w' (one wagon), the schedule set automaticaly the quantity for the number of wagon.
ex: item stack size 50 and 1 wagon of 40 cargo => quantity = 50*40

1 year, 10 months ago

How to make a condition:
Signal Iron > Signal Steel?
Tried:
+[item=iron-plate]C>[item=steel-plate]
+[item=iron-plate]>[item=steel-plate]C
+[item=iron-plate]C>[item=steel-plate]C

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

I never thought to compare 2 cargos, what are your case?
Actually the mod don't do that but un can change it with case.

1 year, 10 months ago

Not a load, from a logical network signal.
In the example above, the train must take iron to be smelted into steel if the amount of iron in the warehouse is more than steel (balancing modular production)

Please add this mod.

1 year, 10 months ago

How to load 1 item AND unload another?

[virtual-signal=train-schedule-output-signal][item=raw-rare-metals]0[virtual-signal=train-schedule-input-signal][fluid=chlorine]1w
works but with OR

[virtual-signal=train-schedule-output-signal][item=raw-rare-metals]0+[virtual-signal=train-schedule-input-signal][fluid=chlorine]1w
does not work

Solution:
[virtual-signal=train-schedule-output-signal][item=raw-rare-metals]0+[fluid=chlorine]>=1w

1 year, 10 months ago

hello mod updated in v2.0.0, tips and tricks updated to see sample
now you can do:
compare cargo =>[item=iron-plate]>[item=steel-plate]
load and unload =>[virtual-signal=train-schedule-input-signal][item=uranium-ore]0.5w+[virtual-signal=train-schedule-output-signal][fluid=sulfuric-acid]0

1 year, 10 months ago

Infinite loading save after update
The strip reaches the end and that's it.

1 year, 10 months ago

when the mod is updated that check all trains but that must finish.

1 year, 10 months ago

20 minutes, flight black.

1 year, 10 months ago

if you have a save before update, I can check where that lost time

1 year, 10 months ago

Loaded but took a long time...

New response