Train Mode Switcher

by leeh

Swaps highlighted trains between automatic/manual. If no train is highlighted, provides a selection tool to drag across multiple trains to bulk swap modes

Content
1 year, 7 months ago
Trains

b Possible mod incompatibility

3 years ago

I noticed recently when i got your mod that it seems to be causing a hiccup regarding another mod i use. Wire shortcuts creates a few shortcut buttons that replace constructed wires in the game. When i installed your mod every time i click on the shortcut buttons to use a wire, i instead get one of the train switcher selection tools, so it seems to me like a button for your mod is overlaying the shortcut for the wire buttons, or perhaps is hooked into specific buttons, or somehow hooked into the code for the wire shortcut by accident?

I have to access the wires with the assigned hotkey instead of the shortcut buttons. When i do so, the wires activate and work like normal. I just get the tool from your mod when i try and click on the wire buttons. All 4 buttons created by the wire shortcut mods create one of your tools when clicked, but seem to work fine if they have an assigned keyboard shortcut that is pressed instead.

Not sure why this is, does your mod mess with shortcut buttons too? Just so you are aware my shortcut bar, with 2 bars available, is currently full and does not let me add more buttons, and the one option that seems to be for your mod is unchecked.

I am posting a similar report in the other mod too.

3 years ago

Heh yeah it should really not be listening for /any/ shortcut at all..

Should be all sorted in 1.0.3

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello, I'm the author of the other mod referenced here, Wire Shortcuts. It seems to me, from looking at the source code of this mod, on line 38 of tms.lua this mod has its own tool forced into the cursor without first checking what shortcut was actually triggered (I don't see any check for a name or anything else). So it basically overrides all custom shortcuts with its own logic, at least that's how it looks.

Edit: Sorry, seems I'm late, you already figured it out. Never mind.

3 years ago

Aye thanks for looking, missed that one completely when I added the handler ;-)

New response