Add RTS units and deployment mechanics.

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

i Total Automization

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hello, seeing as the mod is called Total Automization, is there a way to automate "un-deploying" the units?
I'm dumb and if there is already a way I might have overlooked it. Having a way to put them inside a cargo wagon or the cargo ships from the mod Cargo Ships would really help in a playthrough with multiple big islands. I'm thinking of something like an improvised Attack Transport for the units, akin to the Amphibious transports of Red Alert 2.

And also thank you VERY MUCH for this mod, I've always wanted to play a combination of Red Alert and Factorio, I've tried using AAI for that, but that mod is not really good for my UPS. It's a dream come true for me.

5 years ago

Hmm... thats an interesting idea, I will give it some thought.

Glad you are enjoying it! If there is anything else, please let me know

5 years ago

Hello, I've been trying to modify your mod's smg-guy recipe but the game keeps giving me an error.
https://imgur.com/aHfth7o

This is what I have so far.
https://pastebin.com/nwfhrirE

I am not sure if this is okay to ask here but, do you know what I'm doing wrong? I've tried the all the data.raw syntaxes I've seen on the forum, wiki, reddit, but nothing works. Hope you can help. Thanks.

5 years ago

The smg_guy name is smg-guy

5 years ago

I want to know how do I control these combat units, I don't have a hotkey to operate, these combat units run around randomly.

5 years ago

There is a tool you can use, called the unit selection tool, in the blueprint library or shorcut bar

Once you select some units, you will be shown a GUI with commands

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Is there a way to automate "un-deploying" the units?

+1.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

is there a way to automate "un-deploying" the units?

+1

(Deploying those units on an island comes with the problem of how to get them to the next island.)

New response