Texugo Wind Generator

Wind Generators produces free energy, but are expensive and don't have a steady output. This mods adds 3 tiers of Turbines, from small wood generators to massive steel turbines. Last Update 0.18.4 - Thank you very much Micromario for the great polish of the mod and adding compatibility to some mods.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Power

i Make each turbine vary output independently

4 years ago

Basically the idea is that they don't all go up or down together. This way, the more turbines you add, the more stable the overall output becomes. I feel it's slightly more realistic as well. Anyway, great mod anyways. Thank you.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I have to disagree with you. Wind changes in regions, the same wind that hit 1 turbine, will hit every turbine on a wind farm. More turbines doesn't mean more stability.
Also
1 - The idea of the mod is to have a unstable but endless source of energy. If stable, it becomes ridiculous overpowered and boring.
2 - I dont know how to create a script to calculate the wind on every one independently and i dont have the time to learn just now.
3 - Scripts will go wild, i have 1 big formula and apply every second on every turbine, changing to independently, this big formula would need to be calculated multiplied by the number of turbines. The formula contain multiplications and division of 7 sine. 100 turbines will make your UPS go to the ground. During tests i was planing of the script to update 4 times per second, but quickly realized that impacts on game performance.

4 years ago

Okay, no problem. I'm going to play around with it to see if I can get anywhere with it though. I'll update this if I make any progress.

4 years ago

You can use this mod or code of it:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/WindSpeedChanging

It makes wind speed pretty random, smooth and simple, all calculations are applied every tick to the surface.wind_speed https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaSurface.html#LuaSurface.wind_speed

New response