Texugo Bobs More Furnaces

More Fluid Burning Furnaces Tiers for bob mods and some original Heat Furnaces

Content
3 years ago
Manufacturing

g Integration with another Bobs Expansion

3 years ago

Hello Texugo,

This seems to deal with the same idea that I had and developed before: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/MilesBobsExpansion

Would you be interested in combining the two mods?

You can always contact me on Discord: - ̗̀ TehFocus ̖́-#5830

3 years ago

I liked the intention of your mod, even more now that my factory is very big and im starting to change to Stacked Recipes because even 400 speed belts cant handle.
But I wont sugarcoat for you, recipes are awful, some small details and places... i would change a LOT.
-The technology icon for Eletric furnace is an Assembly? wtf. A steel furnace and gears and more steel for less speed?
i would change to Stone Furnace, remove gears and steel from the recipe and add copper, the Basic circuit stays.
i would also add some early fluid burning stone furnaces, since hydrogen can be a early fuel and pumpjacks can be research very early as well.
-The assembling machines, again the recipes and the craft speed... urg, Tier 6 of bobs uses the most advanced metals in the mod, and you are adding iron gears... did i miss a configuration?
i would make a separate mod for the assembly machines, the craft speed increases around 40-60% each tier from bobs, less the last ones, i would try to maintain something on this line.
Tier 6 from bobs end with 3.5 speed, yours continues with 4 / 4.5 / 4.7 / 5, i would change to something around 4.5 / 6 / 8 / 10, because i like round numbers.
Same logic for the Electronics assemblies.
The recipe i would remake from scratch, using all high tier components and changing the modules to Speed Processor boards.
All this changes will require a lot more dependencies, but i would make some vanilla recipes and try to make everything optional.
With permission to use your mod as a base for a complete new mod, i can make something.

3 years ago

Currently its not build against the full bobs pack, that's why its using only basic items to assemble, although I do like the usage of speed modules for "overclocking". This also creates a dependency to have a factory making modules for the player in the endgame.

Crafting Speed Change to something higher but even is completely fine, then we should keep the module slots low though, so it does not get too crazy.

As for the technology Icon of the early electric furnace, thats a bug I was not aware of until now.

I'll try to push a new version taking care of most of these issues, then i'll get back to you. I sent you a friend request on steam too.

3 years ago

I wasnt asking you to change the mod, that was only my opinion on what I would change.
About things getting too crazy, thats depends on how its used.
For exemple, my mod that adds gigantic miners, belts dont work, you need to put on big chests or directly on Trains.
A stupid fast assembly would be very nice to craft stacked recipes, for exemple a 10 Stack of Low Density Structure, has 200 seconds of craft time.
About Modules, with Bobs, Each Beacon can add 6 modules to a lot of machines at the same time, and they stack with one another. Its a lot cheaper to put a bunch of Beacons than placing a lot of Modules. Thats why the number of slots matters very little.
For the recipes, there is many ways you can make custom recipes for having or not some mods.
For exemple, my "TA Miners" mod loads a different file for the recipes with a single line of code of "IF" on some mods.

if mods["pycoalprocessing"] and mods["pyfusionenergy"] and mods["pyhightech"] then
require("miners.recipes_py")

elseif mods["bobplates"] and mods["boblogistics"] and mods["bobmodules"] then
require("miners.recipes_bob")

else
require("miners.recipes_vanilla")
end

New response