Texugo TA Miners

Big Miners inspired on Total Annihilation metal extractors models, adds 3 tiers of massive miners that can mine entire ore spawns. Last update: 0.18.1 - Small Fixes/changes.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Manufacturing

i more ore exits

5 years ago

this mod is nice, but it mines ores faster than the belts can carry them, so I think it would be useful if the ore's end could split ores from the three spaces it occupy, not just the one in the middle, not sure if I'm explaining myself

5 years ago

Also, it would be nice if the ores exit could fill both sides of the belt, not just one

5 years ago

When i learn how to do it, i will make the update ASAP. For now, is beyond my skills.
You can use the mods Merging Chests and Miniloader.

5 years ago

okay, thanks for the idea, and thanks for the effort.

5 years ago

First of all, the both-side-of-the-belt-issue fixes itself using miniloaders, thanks for the idea.

And second of all, about the triple-ore-exit-issue, as you said its probably way too complicated to do it as I described the first time, bus I've been thinking, and I figured it could be easier if you put one ore's exit on three out of the four ends of the machines (the last one needs to stay as it is now, for the sulfuric acid to mine uranium, but I think one input should be enought)

5 years ago

Sorry for the brainstorm, but ideas keep coming to my mind:

First tell you that this idea may be too complicated as well, sorry if it is.

The same way the electric miners kind of detect when they are mining uranium, and they add to theirselfs a pipe connection for sulfuric acid, this machines could do something similar, so If they are mining uranium, one arm gets a pipe connection, and the other three split uranium, but if it's any other ore, then all arms split ore

This would be extremely useful, because if you think about it, you don't really need to mine so much uranium, I mean, in long terms you do mine a lot of it, but you don't need so much at once, however you do need so much iron, or copper at once, so 4 exits better than just one

5 years ago

Have to admit that with a 25-megred-steel-chest and a few miniloaders camming from that chest things get way better, maybe you're right, using those two mods should be enough, leave it as it is, don't bother

5 years ago

The ore Exit and the uranium pipe thing is Hardcoded, i can change the location but not the quantity, that's why is so difficult to do, the only way i can think right now is to place a chest and a few invisible and ultra fast inserters using Control Scripts. AND i dont have the skills to do that yet

5 years ago

Don't worry, like I said, you were right all along, with a few merged chests and mini loaders everything is fine, sorry I bothered you so much

5 years ago

hahaha, its nothing. i have the idea of filling multiple belts from the beginning. Need to test a few things first.
Maybe in the next update i make something in the line.

5 years ago

Althought is ok the way its now, using chests and loaders, I cannot say that it would not be great that they could do that, appreciated

5 years ago

By the way, and talking about something completely diferent, I get this miners are so OP, and that is why they only have one module slot, but I think that 2 slots are better (obviously), but for two concrete reasons: the building with the smallest number of module slots is the lab (if Im not wrong), and it has two, so its kind of a non-written-game-rule lol. And seriously, having to choose between speed and eficiency is really hard

5 years ago

If can put a module, its because something is very wrong!!
I was trying to make special modules for them, but since i didnt make it work as intended, i decided to block All modules. The single module slot shouldnt be able to fit any module of any type...

5 years ago

Well... It does... And... Maybe I just made a terrible mistake, but I beg you not to change that. In fact, considering I was asking you to add another one, and you intended them to have none, I think one is a fair trade :\

5 years ago

ahahahahah.
i was wanting to make some special modules to put in the miners, but i still dont know hot to restrict the other modules at the same time.
i decided that i will make the modules without putting any restriction and Hope people will only use then in the miners.
Miners will have more slots as well, crust - 2, moho - 3 and mantle - 4 slots
Modules will be Speed, Prod, Pollu, Effic

5 years ago

Thanks so much, can't wait to see how these modules of yours will be

5 years ago

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I saw in the info that this machines shouldn't be affected by beacons, and I say shouldn't because I just realized they do

5 years ago

I think you should remove this if you can, whenever you have time to, because a few modules are ok, but if you add lots of beacons with modules, things go crazy

5 years ago

i tested again and its working as intended, modules and beacons dont affect then.
Something in your game is messing with this.

5 years ago

version 16x?, because that is the only thing i think could mess things up

5 years ago

Nope.
Because im using 16x too

5 years ago

dunno, but honestly, I'm glad this happened lol

New response