Texugo TA Miners

Big Miners inspired on Total Annihilation metal extractors models, adds 3 tiers of massive miners that can mine entire ore spawns. Last update: 0.18.1 - Small Fixes/changes.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Manufacturing

i Module support - not for speed but for efficiency!

5 years ago

Efficiency mods help to reduce power consumption and therefore pollution. I understand that these are definitely fast enough, but pollution is an issue when playing with aggressive biters, and some players choose to use efficiency mods to help with this. Please consider adding module support for this purpose and to keep gameplay flexible.

5 years ago

Yeah, these are definitely fast enough as is, but I would definitely enjoy some sort of ability to reduce pollution.

5 years ago

From the very beginning I tried very hard making special modules of all effects that only fits on these miners. But with no success.
I have new ideas to test, but not sure if they will work.
If in the end nothing works, i will make then support normal modules.

5 years ago

You should be able to make them support specific types of modules by editing the module_specification attribute for your prototypes. Take a look at the assembling-machine-2 prototype for an example.

5 years ago

I can only filter what TYPE of module can fit in the miner, not what exact module.
EffectTypeLimitation
ModuleSpecification

5 years ago

you'll need to find this part, change what modules are allowed, and then how many slots available
using the moho_extractor.lua as an example

},
energy_usage = "12.501MW",
resource_searching_radius = 17.48,
vector_to_place_result = {0, -7},
allowed_effects = {"speed", "productivity", "consumption", "pollution"},---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
module_specification =
{
  module_slots = 4
},

New response