Teleportation deprecated

by Apriori

[OUTDATED] Look for Teleportation_Redux by Silari. Devices for the teleportation. Techs for mid- and late-game. You can teleport either to the special beacons or as far as you see (also usable in zoom-ro-world mapview). You can also use Telelogistics part after both enabling it through the in-game mod settings menu and researching the technology. Just place a Teleprovider, press R on it and select a destination Beacon. Need feedback about telelogistics energy cost.

Content
6 years ago
0.14 - 0.16
Transportation

i Too cheap :)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I think that everything should use more electricity. Perhaps even ten-fold. Same with the recipes for the teleporters and the telelogistic chests, they need late game resources, and lots of 'em. And the research for teleporters seems available too early, I think that the teleporters should be unlocked with high-tech science packs at least, and personal teleporters with purple and yellow packs.
The telelogistics feature is massively over powered, I think it should require space science packs at LEAST, perhaps even to craft them as well as research. And it shouldn't be able to teleporters for free. Would it be possible to have it consume X amount of power for Y amount of items sent?
This is one of my favourite mods, but it dwarfs the need to build highways for car transport, and even the need for trains when you get around to making enough telelogistics chests.

This is, of course, just my opinion. Perhaps an option to somehow toggle an "experience" mode for the mod, with increased power usage, recipe and research costs? Regardless, this is a great mod, and I'm going to be using it for all of my saves.

5 years ago

Wow, that's a lot more than what I meant to type. Sorry for anyone who read all that :)

5 years ago

Hi, I love this mod too ! I agree it should be use more electricity (and use electricity even when not used). But I wouldn't like to have to wait for high-tech science packs. I suggest it takes one technology for each number of teleportation points. You can have 2 points with the teleportation techno, then it takes as much as packs to be able to have 3 points, etc., and when you want 5 points for example, you need production science packs, and for 10 points, you need high-tech science packs.

5 years ago

Guys thanks for the feedback. There's a small problem here: i don't play Factorio for a very long time. So i don't remember the process of player's base' growth. And telelogistics is quite cheaty right now.
So i should fix it's cost, as well as cost of a teleportation. How can i get more feedback on this? Is there any way of polling somewhere to get it?

New response