Teleportation deprecated

by Apriori

[OUTDATED] Look for Teleportation_Redux by Silari. Devices for the teleportation. Techs for mid- and late-game. You can teleport either to the special beacons or as far as you see (also usable in zoom-ro-world mapview). You can also use Telelogistics part after both enabling it through the in-game mod settings menu and researching the technology. Just place a Teleprovider, press R on it and select a destination Beacon. Need feedback about telelogistics energy cost.

Content
6 years ago
0.14 - 0.16
Transportation

i Telelogistics costs

6 years ago

A quick thought on a cost for transporting an item would be to make it consume a quantity of science juice. mabe even have an option for configuring the cost

6 years ago

Science... what? =) Juice? Do you mean science packs?

How do you see it? What should consume bottles? I'm agreed that free Telelogistics is cheaty, but I'm not enough "mathed" to find out balanced consumption.

5 years ago

imho the teleportation process should consume a lot of energy per item and maybe even increase over distance.
Since there are nuclear reactors and giant solar farms i'd take the production of a standard arrangement i.e. 4 nuclear reactors as a baseline to think about the consumption of 1, 2 3, 4 ..40 chests teleporting 1 2 or 3 full express belts continuously.
You could also make the energy cost per item teleported configurable in the config and just provide a default value.

New response