Teleportation deprecated

by Apriori

[OUTDATED] Look for Teleportation_Redux by Silari. Devices for the teleportation. Techs for mid- and late-game. You can teleport either to the special beacons or as far as you see (also usable in zoom-ro-world mapview). You can also use Telelogistics part after both enabling it through the in-game mod settings menu and researching the technology. Just place a Teleprovider, press R on it and select a destination Beacon. Need feedback about telelogistics energy cost.

Content
6 years ago
0.14 - 0.16
Transportation

g Shift

6 years ago

Please shift beacon sprite:
shift = {0.28, 0.2},
So it would be centered, rather than shifted to the top-left corner.

Also find a way to animate beacon - Personal Teleporter mod did it, so it is possible, although my limited understanding of coding does not allow me to fix it myself.

6 years ago

I know how to animate it - it has been animated earlier, when the beacon was an accu. Now it's container, because I'm working on telelogistics extension. As you know containers are not animated, to my sorrow... Of course, if you know how to make accu-beacons to accept items and then let the inserters put items out - just tell me. It would be great!

6 years ago

Well, it currently does not teleport items, so there's no reason to make beacon as a container before you finish your tele-logistics. Anyway it's better to make separate entities for player teleporter and item teleporter (when you make it), as piling too much functionality on a single entity is a bad idea.

6 years ago

On another note:
Can you make beacon names on map toogleable? Maybe on the same button as station names or (preferably) on a separate button/hotkey.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)
  1. It DOES teleport (accepts) items =)
  2. Shifted
  3. I'm the follower of Occam's Razor principle: "Do not multiply the entities". So it's IMHO the best idea to use the tele-beacon as a beacon to translate signal for both player-sending and items-sending machines. Discussable.
  4. Ok, map-tags will be toogleable soon
    Mezmerro, great thanks for your feedback!
6 years ago

Can you make beacon names on map toogleable? Maybe on the same button as station names or (preferably) on a separate button/hotkey.

This mod is multiplayer-friendly (AFAIK). As you may know, map chart tag is a force-sided feature. It means that if one player will turn off beacon names - all his allies won't be able to see them too.

New response