Tanks Tweaks for Krastorio2 and Space Exploration

Various tweaks combing mods by Xon, MrFactorio, Quezler and The-Noble. Plus a few more tweaks I made myself.

7 months ago

g Module Changes

2 years ago

The module change break the compatibility between both mods instead of helping

Actually I'm curious about the change, space exploration add better module, then why add more slots?

It's fine if you just want to make OP buildings, but please gate it behind options

It allow some recipe with leftovers to be 100% loop positive

2 years ago

Originally it was to give the Advance furnace a similar upgrade in module slots compared to the industrial furnace as the industrial furnace is to the electric furnace which is now an ingredient for it. Then due to Space Exploration's beacon overload I added more slots to some other K2 building which in case of the Advance assembler was bring it more in line with the space manufactory except in speed (I didn't increase the speed because it's a smaller building). All the building are still as expensive tech wise without this mod (First or second tier of one of the space sciences).

As for options it on the to-do list need to figure out how it works. The option here and in the SE only tweak mod are originally from another mod.

2 years ago

Aaah, yeah, it makes more sense now!

In my opinion, the higher tier modules makes up for the beacon overloads, but it is indeed subject to interpretation, I've noticed a lot of people don't bother doing modules 4+

For the options, it's pretty easy, there's 3 parts. 1 : defining the options in the "settings.lua", you can easily duplicate the innermost { } and separate them with a comma, change the name and maybe the default_value, using "bool_settings" is the easiest.

2: Setting the text, in the locale file, simply set it targeting the same name under [mod-setting-name].
*Note that you can also put a description (hover text) if you set some text for the same name, but under [mod-setting-description]

3: And finally, wherever you apply changes, you can querry your new setting first, just copy the noble-se-tweaks-bettermk3 usage and change the name.

I happens to be a game dev by trade, so I modified the mod to my liking and gave it to my co-players, but I quite like most of the tweaks you add, so I'd love to be able to simply update for any of your future good ideas!

New response