Timelapse Base Edition (TLBE)

Takes screenshots of your base at specified intervals.

Utilities
5 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

g Screenshot path

1 year, 8 months ago

Good day, i have a question. I run my Win10 on my ssd drive, but games and others stuff on a Mass storage HDD, i want to do a new hires timelapse, but how can i chande path where screenshots go? I didn't find it in the game mod settings.

1 year, 8 months ago

The screenshots are always stored inside the 'script-output' folder, which is in the https://wiki.factorio.com/Application_directory, as this is the only place where mods can store data.
So I guess you (somehow) need to move the Application Directory of Factorio to you HDD (no idea though how/if this is possible).

Alternatively you can move the screenshots once in a while to your HDD.

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

The only way to do this is by creating a symlink(I came here to talk about just this)

1. Close factorio
  2. Copy your script-output folder to another drive into another folder (Mine is D:\factorio\script-output)
  3. Open up cmd with admin rights
  4. Copy and paste the following without quotation marks(Or type it over changing your username directly) "mklink /J C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\script-output D:\factorio\script-output"
  5. Change your "your username" to what ever your username is(hint move the line over with arrow keys and press insert key(often labeled ins) before typing)
  6. Press enter

This will create a Symlink that works(Doing just timelapse folder does not work) and now every screenshot is written directly to that other drive saving your SSD from wear and tear hope this will help anyone who wants to do long timelapses.

If you do not want to deal with Symlink and cmd you can setup a robocopy, google Automatically Move Files From One Folder To Another On Windows 10 and change trigger from that example to "begin task at task creation" with the repeat setting of every 5 minutes for an indefinite duration but this results in a lot of wear and tear on your SSD.

Hope this can help you out with it

1 year, 8 months ago

Thanks's for hints, i guess i'll go easy way around and play factorio on Win7 which is stored on my hdd drive, and keep all screenshots there to avoid wear on SSD.

This thread has been locked.