Timelapse Base Edition (TLBE)

Takes screenshots of your base at specified intervals.

Utilities
5 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

g Screenshot Storage

2 years ago

Hey, I think this mod is pretty cool and I just recently started using it but I do have one question.
Is there a way that I can tell the mod to store the photos in a different folder?
I may have messed up the speed gain stuff and taken like 3000 screenshots, my bad. So can the mod store the screenshots in lets say an external drive like an SD card or something. As of now its storing them in the script output folder in the main Factorio game file.

2 years ago

No that is unfortunately not possible, as factorio only allows mods to store files in the scripts output folder (probably security reasons)

I did not try this (yet), but maybe it works when you create a (symbolic) link from the external storage/location replacing the script-output (or even your TLBE/screenshot) folder...?

2 years ago

Hi - just tried this with a Junction symbolic link and a directory symbolic link in windows and the mod doesn't like either - the main factorio log shows:
1752.401 Warning LuaGameScript.cpp:2408: take_screenshot error: Scripts can only use file space inside of script-output

2 years ago

TBH I have no idea what a 'Junction symbolic link' is... On Linux I just use:

ln -s /path/to/huge/external/storage/TLBE ~/.factorio/script-output/tlbe-mygame-1

and it works. (make sure to first move the existing 'tlbe-mygame-1' folder to the external location!)

AFAIK this creates a (regular) symbolic link, as said no idea about the Junction ones.

2 years ago

Sorry, both are the substandard windows versions of proper linux symbolic links:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/mklink

Looks like it might be a Windows/Compatibility issue with these rather than anything to do with the mod or modding interface itself.

2 years ago

Ah... I didn't notice you were running Windows. I have no experience with running Factorio on Windows and tricks to use for these kind of things... :(

You might want to try the forums or the Factorio subreddit to find someone that has more experience with this and hopefully find a better answer.
I'll keep this thread open, if you find a solution feel free to post it here, and it can become part of the FAQ (for when I find/have time to enable and fill it)

This thread has been locked.