Timelapse Base Edition (TLBE)

Takes screenshots of your base at specified intervals.

Utilities
5 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

i Not everything should zoom out, maybe?

3 years ago

First of all, what an awesome mod! I absolutely love it so far, the resulting timelapse looks absolutely stunning.

There's one suggestion I'd like to make, though: An option to provide a list of entities which will not be considered to be part of the base, and therefore don't cause the images to zoom out further if they are build outside the current base.

For example, I like to build radars far away from my base to cover everything, but that then results in the pictures being zoomed out, to include the radars, even though there is nothing but empty space between my actual base and the radar. Similarly for example with mining outposts.

Is that possible? I would love to see it!

Nonetheless, once again, an absolutely wonderful mod!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Thank you for your feedback! :)

I have been thinking about this as I 'suffered' from this as well. But it is not so easy as a radar, in your example, needs power, so you build power-poles. Maybe it needs protection from the biters, so turrets (and logistics to bring the bullets), etc, etc also would need to be ignored.
Besides the radars you probably also want to ignore (boring) mining outposts? So even more stuff to ignore.

I was thinking about adding multiple camera's or something, so you can enable/disable them basically preventing to include parts of the base. But I am not sure yet how this would look like yet...

For now you can disable the mod, (quickly) build the radar or outpost and then enable it again. It will add a gap in your timelapse though... So it is a bit of a trade-off :(

3 years ago

With the 1.0.0 release, it is possible to add trackers to a camera. If you disable a tracker it won't update anymore. So you can disable the 'base tracker' when you work on an outpost.
If you want to show the work on the outpost, you could even add a new base tracker (it does not about the full base yet) to only focus on the outpost.
Alternatively, you could add multiple camera with their own trackers, and disable/enable them as required.

Long story short, using the multiple cameras and/or trackers in a smart way can help you making a more interesting time lapse!

Good luck, I look forward to your creations :)

3 years ago

I have added an 'Area Tracker' in v1.2.0. With this tracker you can specify which part/area of the base needs to get the cameras focus.
I think it can also help you to fine tune your time lapse.

This thread has been locked.