Switch Button by GalactusX31 updated for 1.0

This mod adds on/off switch button for sending a single circuit network signal. Mod settings allow to either toggle On/Off state by left-click and access inventory via hotkey, or to work like a regular constant combinator.

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Circuit network

b [works] Key shortcut doesn't toggle the switch

1 year, 7 months ago

Hello ShinoHarvest!
Shortcuts don't work.
Shortcut does not work whether or not "Toggle On/Off on click [default: checked]" is checked in Mod Settings (startup).
Maybe it's a duplicate shortcut conflict, so I tried assigning a single shortcut to it, but it still doesn't work.
It is a bit inconvenient as I have to manually open the signal panel by clicking and turn it on/off.
Do you have any solution?
Thanks for making a great mod :)

mk-fg β˜†
1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

Can't seem to reproduce it here - everything seem to work as expected:
https://e.var.nz/2022-10-01.factorio-switch-button.u4B02J.mp4
Note at the end of the video, when switch is disconnected, it doesn't look like it's being toggled, except in the panel on the right.
Are you trying to use the keyboard shortcut in the same way as in that video? Or maybe not, or expecting some different result?

If it doesn't work the same for you, then I think most likely issue is that event handling from some other mod interferes, not necessarily via shortcut key conflict, but maybe something else.
I'd suggest trying to quickly reproduce the issue in a New Game same as above, save it, then toggle all other mods temporarily off, load the game, see if that fixes the issue (it should), then toggle half of them back on, see if stuff breaks (indicating that one of the toggled mods is the issue), and repeat this half-on/off like 3 times, and you should end up with a single exact mod that causes this strange behavior.
Let me know which one it is, might want to fix the conflict here, if it is possible.

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

hello!
After the last problem occurred, I informed you that it was a bug report, but after that I forgot it for a while because it wasn't an urgent problem.
I'm going to try the test as you pointed out to try again this time to fix the problem, but I'm instantly aware that I'm doing something wrong. It was the operable distance value among the setting values ​​of the mode.
I had this value set to 0 for a bit of realism, and the situation I tested this mod in was sandbox mode.
Just in case, I lightly tested it again in-game rather than in sandbox mod, and it worked.
At that moment, I felt so sorry for you.
I wasted your time by my negligence. :(
I'm so sorry. And now I'm using this mod well.
Thank you.

mk-fg β˜†
1 year, 7 months ago

Glad to hear that it works.
It's only a couple minutes of time, no big deal :)

New response