Switch Button by GalactusX31 updated for 1.0

This mod adds on/off switch button for sending a single circuit network signal. Mod settings allow to either toggle On/Off state by left-click and access inventory via hotkey, or to work like a regular constant combinator.

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Circuit network

g [bug] Sprite should reflect state when not connected

2 years ago

Hello, I have a bug: on toggle switch transmits the signal but sprite of the switch doesn't.
I don't have any other mods enabled, so am I alone with it?

2 years ago

Oh, it happens only in sandbox, works normal in base game. False alarm, sorry.

mk-fg β˜†
2 years ago

It toggles fine for me in sandbox mode as well, and it should - that mode isn't different.
I think you can likely get this non-toggling behavior if you don't connect any kind of wire to the switch - it's a constant combinator with custom one/off sprites, and game's behavior for these is not to flip the "on" light unless it's connected to something. Maybe it should be mentioned in the description, come to think of it, as testing the standalone thing can indeed look confusing.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Yes, you're right. In the sandbox I did not connect the wire to the switch, I just checked output signal in hud. But in main save I connected it to the circuit and it worked normal. I forgot that the basic combinator "turns on" only when connected to the circuit). So now, since this topic was covered in discussions I think there no needs to mentor it in the description.

1 year, 8 months ago

The problem is that the state DOES change even when not connected. This leads to the possibility of someone connecting a circuit to it expecting it to be off as indicated, even though it's not. Anything switchable should UNQUESTIONABLY display it's current state at ALL TIMES. If you're not going to change the visual when it's not connected, then don't allow it's state to change when disconnected either.

mk-fg β˜†
1 year, 8 months ago

Oh yeah, good point.
I think it's indeed a counter-intuitive oversight of initial implementation, and probably worth treating as a bug and fixing.
Not sure if I'll get around to it myself though, but maybe ShinoHarvest or someone else will.

P.S. You might want to work on your anger or communication skills, it's usually more helpful to phrase things differently when the goal is cooperation.

1 year, 8 months ago

Point taken. No offense meant. The caps was meant for emphasis not anger or accusation. And I'm most definitely not known for being "socially correct" (or even socially competant). I'm GREAT at unintentionally offending people. =)

New response