Swarmageddon - Enhanced Biter Swarms

by Pawz

A comprehensive upgrade to Biters, making them a considerable challenge at all stages of the game. Bigger biters will split into smaller biters, nests will spawn biters when they die, and as evolution increases, so will the number of enemies you will have to face! Compatible with all (hopefully) mods that add new enemies.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Enemies

g Huge increase in entity update time

3 years ago

I have a fairly heavily modded game, and I love Swarmageddon - but I just can't get it to run smoothly, since I throw a lot of it. In addition to Big Monsters, Armoured Biters and Natural Evolution Enemies, I also have Schall Endgame Evolution active, which I guess could be the main culprit. The category 15 biters for example have 6 million health, so I guess they can be split into quite a few smaller biters upon death.

The game runs smoothly on 60 UPS, but as the first biter in an attack gets killed and Swarmageddon starts, UPS drops rapidly all the way down to 3-2-1 UPS in the worst attacks. This is caused by entity update time spiking a lot, I've seen up to 180 - 300. Removing Swarmageddon makes the problem go away, but it's also much less fun :)

The amount of biters spawned in an attack really isn't that big compared to what I've seen for example with Rampant when I had that active. Then I had constant attacks and moving biters all around my base, and I've killed 21 million biters so far, without major UPS issues.

Is there something special that affects entity update so much in the way Swarmageddon works, or some setting or other mod I have that could be a specially bad combination with Swarmageddon? It feels like my game should be able to handle the 3-600 biters spawned in one attack, in general.

Here's a video showing an example of how it can look, with detailed info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zybW4aH_b1Y

2 years ago

beeblebro, what mods do you use? Tell me please

New response