Swarmageddon - Enhanced Biter Swarms

by Pawz

A comprehensive upgrade to Biters, making them a considerable challenge at all stages of the game. Bigger biters will split into smaller biters, nests will spawn biters when they die, and as evolution increases, so will the number of enemies you will have to face! Compatible with all (hopefully) mods that add new enemies.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Enemies

b desync Risk

4 years ago

We had a desync when using this mod and some others.
When looking through the code I noticed the below which I think if this setting is changed mid game would cause a desync for later joining players.

control.lua:
local max_deaths = settings.global["player-dying-mitigation"].value

4 years ago

As far as I can see in the docs, that setting can only be changed by the server admin for the save game file. It's not unique per user, so it shouldn't cause a desync even if you change it mid-game.

4 years ago

It's a global runtime setting and not a startup setting

Setting = 1
Server start
Player 1 joins - local variable setting of 1
Setting = 2
Player 2 joins - local variable setting of 2

4 years ago

Or have I missed the updating of all existing players local variable value when the runtime setting is changed?

4 years ago

Ah I see what you're saying. Yep, that'll do it. I'll upload a fix shortly. Also wanted to fix that feature to stop counting walls - biters tend to blitz the walls then stop splitting.

4 years ago

We are getting desyncs with this and many other mods. From trial and error they stop with the removal of this mod. Looking at version 1.0.4 I can't see anything bad though.

3 years ago

Know its been 7 months, fairly certain this feature is causing desync every #xth structure death or so. Temp fix suggestion: add a toggle to disable this feature all together?

3 years ago

I've added a toggle to disable mitigation -- I'm not really sure if it will help (I can't reproduce the error) but see if it helps any.

New response