Supply Drop

by Gangsir

You aren't alone on Nauvis. Someone, something out there wants you to succeed and get off the planet. You've been noticing strange crates that don't look like they're from this planet landing nearby occasionally. They seem to contain supplies for you. You don't know who's sending them, but whoever they are, they're certainly helpful.

Tweaks
5 years ago
0.14 - 0.17

i How add new items

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

My experience:
You let adding items to the available supply only for making or building it.
This is a problem, because most "basic" products wont be dropped at all, like plastics, steelbars and anyting that can be made only throught structures.
This allow to add in the drop list items of highest range using mods made for this, like Black Market.
Then you can, as I did, have a lot of high tier items without the need of researching it or doing something difficult.
Then why dont allow the join of items obtained by research instead of the building and making of items?
I research steel? Steel bars can be obtained by supply drop.
I research construction robotics? I can obtain roboports, construction robots, passive and storage chests as drops.
And so on, so you cannot get "advanced" items as drop, but you cannot too choose what to obtain with a programmed building/makin or the game will become too easy.
p.s.: there's a chance to have even modded items as "available for drops" too?

5 years ago

I have tried a run using a careful planning for adding items to "drop queue".
Using the adding as drop when handmade I've started making a single assembly 1 machine.
Using it I've made the "supply drop" give me only science packs, basic ores and max tier buildings I want to have, like electric furnaces, assembling machines 3, only stack and stack filter inserters and laser turrets and, for sure, copper wires, electric circuits and iron gear wheel. Then only the ingredients for made red science packs and the lab. After this I've only made the science packs and bought the buildings I was in need avoiding any other handcrafted item for have only the fixed amount of things in the drops having almost no need of doing something, having all from drops.
This is, IMO, someting to avoid at all costs or the mod will alter the balance of the game and allow the drop as a total cheat instead being intended as a balance on a world almost resourceless.
I've used it in a resourceless world and it has been wonderful with black market, but... can be used as a cheat in almost any world.

New response