Story Missions - [Scenario Pack]

New campaign mod for Factorio contains a total of 10 full scripted missions. Each mission has a series of mandatory and optional tasks. You can enjoy more than 20 hours of pure gameplay and lore-friendly story about YOU, the engineer who survived the harsh conditions of the unknown planet where crash-landed years ago. How to play? Just install and then click on NEW GAME button. You will see missions in the menu. For more info, check the mod portal. Locales: EN,CZ,SK,RU,DE,PL,KO,FR,ES,CN

Scenarios
11 months ago

g Biter expansion on mission 8

10 months ago

Hello, I am now up to mission 8, and gotta say, overall the missions are great!
However during mission 8, I experienced the last base just straight up dying before I could get to it, is that intended that it gets attacked by biters or is that because the map wasn't intended to have biter expansion? I am on hard.

10 months ago

Hi, it can be bug. I didnt test very well the misdions on hard dificulty. Can you send me some screenshots with details?

10 months ago

I can try and get some later, I managed to get further and saw that it was the iron mine on the last location that was getting attacked. Personally, I think biter expansion should just be turned off on all difficulties unless the map is made for handling it like if a base has defenses to prevent biter expansion or biter expansion is used as a timer. As it right now triggers a fear of FOMO, fearing that biters will ruin later locations before the player can get to them.

10 months ago

What I saw in Factorio design of biter expansion, they should not expand in the area out of sight of the player. But I agree, need to check on this still.

10 months ago

Biters can expand to any chunk that has been generated. They're not limited to only the chunks that the player has revealed.

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

That I thought that too, but the chunks without player range are frozen, biters do not reacting and doing nothing. Yet this is my only theory what I mostly saw during the tests.

10 months ago

Ah well on mission 8 I was getting constant alerts about the last bases iron mine being attacked, most of the blue belts and miners were destroyed when I finally arrived so definetly not frozen. A bit uncomfortable hearing the destruction alert noise every second x) Wanted to still say, amazing mod, very fun overall!

10 months ago

Hi, thank you for feedback.

Can you please describe me, when it started? It was when you were on second base? Or after the nukes?

10 months ago

After the nukes by the first base I almost immediately got attacks on the second base once in a while, so I rushed through to get to it then it would slowly begin happening on the third base while I was techin up at the second base

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

Hi,

I am aware of the issue. Can you please tell me the play time spend on the first base? And which difficulty you have played

8 months ago

I'm running into the same issue, on base #1, and I started getting alerts that base #2 is getting attacked/destroyed.

Playing on hard, I'm 35 minutes into the mission, have barely found my footing on securing the first base at this point.

7 months ago

same problem on easy. base 2 & 3 are dying and i cant even get to them through the biter nests. i left a few minutes after the nuke but theres still thousands of them and halfway there i cant find any openings to keep going.

7 months ago

@96_snake: There isn't a direct way through, you need to basically be holding down the rockets, and tossing lots of slow capsules near the end. Even once you get to the second base, you're still going to need to defend it, etc.

You should have loaded up the spidertron with basically everything of value from the first base, as you probably won't be able to return. If you're not willing to use all of your slow capsules, rockets, etc. you probably won't make it.

New response