Story Missions - [Scenario Pack]

New campaign mod for Factorio contains a total of 10 full scripted missions. Each mission has a series of mandatory and optional tasks. You can enjoy more than 20 hours of pure gameplay and lore-friendly story about YOU, the engineer who survived the harsh conditions of the unknown planet where crash-landed years ago. How to play? Just install and then click on NEW GAME button. You will see missions in the menu. For more info, check the mod portal. Locales: EN,CZ,SK,RU,DE,PL,KO,FR,ES,CN

Scenarios
11 months ago

g Mission 6 - Destroy the radar

11 months ago

I trying to destroy the radar, but I feel I missing something, is it supposed to be done using robot and dropping turret on the target ? Since turret only hit military target this is not really smart thing to do. I am supposed to have artillery ? Do I miss something ?

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

Hi,

any turret should target the radar. If turrets do not targeting the radars, something is wrong.

Or you can also use mines.

If nothing is working, there can be issue in objective, can you send me your save file (.zip) to analyze the problem?

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

I give up and just take my tank a find a way to the nord :p honestly I don't understand the point of this objective, there a lab in the top nord but you can't target non military target so with robot only you can't take the loot, then there is a chain of power line, guess as a weak point but same you can't target them so... again don't see the point. And finally I don't see the point to send robot to their death trying to put a turret. First I used flame turret cause their have more range but... that was just boring gameplay to out range other turret and wait for robot to move every 5 minutes my turret closer to the enemy base. Overall I think mission 6 is a nice idea to force using robot but wrong in the way it's not design at all to fight, and move countless of ore 2 by 2 over this rivers was "MEH". Of course my opinion only.

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

This is interesting feedback. I will take a look at this and see what can be change.

I understand your frustration, but at least this way is just an option, which can be done in many ways (like you simply took a tank and deal with it). It is not neccecary to take out the radar by laser turrets (there are actually 2 radars, northwest which is far away and eastern, which is close to your base but protected by an altillery with few shells). Scouting the area is crucial and you should decide, what aproach is ideal for you.

OR

Another non-lethal option is research the low density structure and fullfill the other objective without destroying anything.

P.S.
From my perspective, what I see that I can add more text description about how to deal with radars (with robots or with ground assault)

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

Yeah, I already have some ideas how to make it better.

Thanks again for the feedback.

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

... First I used flame turret cause their have more range but... that was just boring gameplay to out range other turret and wait for robot to move every 5 minutes my turret closer to the enemy base. Overall I think mission 6 is a nice idea to force using robot but wrong in the way it's not design at all to fight, and move countless of ore 2 by 2 over this rivers was "MEH". Of course my opinion only.

Can I have some more additional questions?
- So, the flamethrowers were more effective then laser turrets? Which base you have attack? Eastern or westerm?
- Did you tryed to use mines?
- Did you tryed second option in the task (research low density structure)
- Can you still provide me your save file (before the end game) to analyze your gameplay for fuhrer improvments?

Thank you

:-)

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

So, the flamethrowers were more effective then laser turrets? Which base you have attack? Eastern or westerm?

I tried laser and my bot die so I make a small setup that used flame turret I used them on the north where the lab is cause that was written the radar was somewhere in north.

Did you tryed to use mines?

Nope never used them in my 6k hours factorio haha, maybe I should have tried them, see if they destroy the electical pole

Did you tryed second option in the task (research low density structure)

nope too lazy, blow up the radar seemed more fast

Can you still provide me your save file (before the end game) to analyze your gameplay for fuhrer improvments?

I didn't save and auto save are now on mission 7 haha, honestly there is nothing great to see, I never used bot for mining before and let them do the job, I should have understand than I should have moved the ore as closest possible to the sud to avoid bot to make the long travel. Expect than I just build a small base, and didn't have time at all to reach tech to use the nuclear reactor. I mostly build the base and stay afk because the bot were too slow. I think I have 8 hours of gameplay.

You may do the same than wube did, at the end of each mission take a giant screenshot and ask player to send it by mail, it would give you a little data of the gameplay of your player.

About the scouting I did scout but factorio fog of war don't let see you once the scan is finish, so you only show red building (honestly I never understand that...)

11 months ago

Actually here a save file https://ufile.io/niupgy71 yes it's full of mod but you should be able to load without any of the mod :p

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

well seem mine does indeed blow up a electric pole... and the coffer belong to the player... (that last one is a little weird)

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

I saw your save.

It is not so bad as what you descrabed before. To eliminate waiting time you just need to expand production. I dont know ,which mods are you using but I saw you probably using some instand teleports of ores from provider chests to logistic chests. Is that right? If not, you should build the providers as close as possible to the river side to reduce robot traveling time and that increase your production.

There I see the problem on my side (the desing of the map). I think to have iron and copper ore only on other side of the river is for many people big problem. So I will try to do these changes:
- I will add some rich but very small areas of iron/copper ores on the base side of the river (probably at least 500 distance points somewhere at south, so you need to scout properly)
- I will add hints about "how to proceed to destroy enemy object"
- I will add some notes from the Old Space Trucker to clarify the possitions of radars, their defences and possible air(bots) or ground assaults
- I will add additional tressure chests with bots and science packs
- I will little bit improve the terrain

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

well seem mine does indeed blow up a electric pole... and the coffer belong to the player... (that last one is a little weird)

indeed, mines will mess all the enemy structures. This I will add as a hint.

crates must be the player structures, otherwise you will not be able to loot them.

New response