Story Missions - [Scenario Pack]

New campaign mod for Factorio contains a total of 10 full scripted missions. Each mission has a series of mandatory and optional tasks. You can enjoy more than 20 hours of pure gameplay and lore-friendly story about YOU, the engineer who survived the harsh conditions of the unknown planet where crash-landed years ago. How to play? Just install and then click on NEW GAME button. You will see missions in the menu. For more info, check the mod portal. Locales: EN,CZ,SK,RU,DE,PL,KO,FR,ES,CN

Scenarios
11 months ago

g Mission 7 is empty.

1 year, 24 days ago

I'm having the issue where I finish mission 6 and mission 7 is just me in a map.

Player data looks like this:

"story-missions": 
{
  "level-01": "hard",
  "level-02": "normal",
  "level-03": "normal",
  "level-04": "normal",
  "level-05": "normal",
  "level-06": "normal"
},

I've gone and edited it to have all the levels with hard.

I start up factorio again. I go to "single player, new game" and highlight story missions in mod scenarios. It lists all 10 missions, but it won't let me select mission 7.

Thoughts?

1 year, 23 days ago
(updated 1 year, 23 days ago)

Hi, try this to replace.

"story-missions":
{
"level-01": "hard",
"level-02": "hard",
"level-03": "hard",
"level-04": "hard",
"level-05": "hard",
"level-06": "hard",
"level-07": "hard",
"level-08": "hard",
"level-09": "hard",
"level-10": "hard"
},

If it doesnt work, please send me a screenshot of the menu and the code in player.data.json.

Also did you update the mod yesteday? If yes, please give more info how exactly you proceed.
Did you update the mod and then load the save file from your current level? And when you have finished, next level (mission 7) was free world? Am I correct? Or you did something else?

1 year, 23 days ago

Thanks.

I am running the new version of the mod.

I have changed the story-missions section in the json file. It doesn't change the behavior on new file - it shows:

User scenarios
Level-01 (Mission 01)
Level-06 (mission 06)
Level-07

If I go to my save game from level 6, as soon as I load the level it re-writes the json to the old version. Finishing the level takes me to the empty level 7.

If I go through "new game", I can click story missions under mod scenarios, and it lists the 10 scenarios, but will not let me choose anything after scenario 6.

I'm happy to provide screenshots and my json - what is the best way to get them to you?

1 year, 23 days ago

This is actually great what are you saying to me. With this bug I am wondering for some time and I had no idea how to exactly solve it. Since in new version there is new fix which should technicaly solve it. Yet this is still not applied for the older version (which your save is currently is).

Ok then. Try another thing. What happend if you change "hard" to "medium"

"story-missions":
{
"level-01": "normal",
"level-02": "normal",
"level-03": "normal",
"level-04": "normal",
"level-05": "normal",
"level-06": "normal",
"level-07": "normal",
"level-08": "normal",
"level-09": "normal",
"level-10": "normal"
},

1 year, 23 days ago

I changed to using normal - no difference. I see the same results in both new game and in finishing level 6.

1 year, 23 days ago

Wait. If you replace the code, do not play again the mission 6 from your save file. It will again rewrite it. Start immidietly new game of mission 7 from the main menu when you copy and rewrite the .json.

Can you also send me your save file of the mission 6?

Thx a lot for this report :-)

1 year, 23 days ago

I can't choose mission 7 - it tells me I need to complete the previous mission before I can start it.

If I choose the weird "mission 7" entry under user scenarios, it just dumps me the non-story starting place.

How do you want me to send you the save file, and where do I find the save file?

1 year, 23 days ago

Save folder is in the same route, as your player-data.json. Here: C:\Users\Green\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\saves
Find there "your-save-name".zip and send it to me through some web, where you can upload files for example Google Drive, Mega.nz etc.

1 year, 23 days ago

sorry, my mistake. I just see, player-data.json will always rewrite itself to the original after loading the game.

1 year, 23 days ago

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/skip-level use this mod to skip the level meanwhile. Don't understand why player-data.json is rewriting to the previous version. Need to investigate.

With installed skip level mod just load new game of mission 6 -> go to settings -> mod settings -> skiplevel map -> click on red button with "open level skip GUI" (sometimes it doesnt show up first time, if that happend, click it again) -> in the skiplevel window write to the THIRD column level-07 -> click on green button

1 year, 23 days ago

Started new level 6. Skip level didn't want to work but after toggling it a few times it showed up.

Entered level-07, clicked the green button, and I ended up back in the empty level 7.

1 year, 22 days ago

I see.

Can you please contact me on discord. I need to do some investigation if you dont mind and it will be better for us to comunicate there.

About your save. This look like version 2.3.0 and you are also using other mods which can cause the problem.
If you didn't tryed yet. I recomend to disable all other mods (leave only my mod and skip-level). Update my mod to 2.3.1 (if you did it, it is ok) -> press NEW GAME button -> start mission 6 -> use skip level to proceed mission 7.

If still doesnt work, there is still last option which will work. Go to your factorio mod folder: C:\Users\"username\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods -> open story-missions.zip -> inside you will find "level-01, level-02 etc." folders -> all of them copy to your scenario folder in C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\scenarios -> Start the game, go NEW GAME and you should see all the scenarios on the left column

1 year, 21 days ago

I was unable to get there with all mods disabled - skip level still took me to the empty mission 7.

In doing the final option, I noticed that there was a level-07 folder. In it was only a blueprint.zip and info.json. Blueprint.zip was 313,763 bytes, and info.json only had "{}" in it.

Copying the files over for level 7 made it so I could start the level. So thanks for all your help.

If you want more debugging, let me know.

1 year, 21 days ago

Hi again, thank you for report. So, basically you saw in the story-mission.zip empty level-07 (only blueprint and info.json) if I understand correctly? That actually explain, why did you have problem to load it correctly (maybe some fail with download during an update?). In the level-07 should be also control.lua which is whole the mission script. If there is nothing, it cant work.

If still interested in debugging, please contact me on Discord. I prepared one script, which should help.

8 months ago

Hi again, thank you for report. So, basically you saw in the story-mission.zip empty level-07 (only blueprint and info.json) if I understand correctly? That actually explain, why did you have problem to load it correctly (maybe some fail with download during an update?). In the level-07 should be also control.lua which is whole the mission script. If there is nothing, it cant work.

If still interested in debugging, please contact me on Discord. I prepared one script, which should help.

I had the same issue it seems, emtpy level 7 after caompleting 6. no option to start a new game on 7.
tried the skip lvl mod, was sent to empty map.
checked the mod folder uinder appdata, only a folder for lvl1-6. copied them over like you said, now it works :)

New response