Story Missions - [Scenario Pack]

New campaign mod for Factorio contains a total of 10 full scripted missions. Each mission has a series of mandatory and optional tasks. You can enjoy more than 20 hours of pure gameplay and lore-friendly story about YOU, the engineer who survived the harsh conditions of the unknown planet where crash-landed years ago. How to play? Just install and then click on NEW GAME button. You will see missions in the menu. For more info, check the mod portal. Locales: EN,CZ,SK,RU,DE,PL,KO,FR,ES,CN

Scenarios
11 months ago

g Mission 4 Wasteland - objectives?

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

I am on mission 4 Wasteland, but I have no idea what the mission objectives are. I have sent a rocket and still the game continues. There is no scripting dialogue either telling me what I am supposed to do?

What are the mission objectives in mission 4 Wasteland?

1 year, 1 month ago

Hi. This is bug which sometimes happend when you switching between the missions. I dont know what is causing. Please read the faq and follow the instructions there to solve your problem

1 year, 1 month ago

Mostly helps to use the mod skip-level or manually play the mission from scenario folder

1 year, 1 month ago

I'm loving the mod (many thanks to GreenFlag for his work and support), but I've just had the same issue on completing mission 3:
I get the game-complete message and am dropped in an unpopulated world.
The skip-level mod advances to the same unpopulated world, so doesn't bypass the problem.
The Story-missions mod has just updated, from 2.2.9 to 2.3.0, and I had a few other mods enabled (FARL, AfraidOfTheDark; AutoDeconstruct; DiscoScience; and SqueakThrough), which I've now disabled.
So, as suggested in the faq, I've found my "\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\scenarios" folder, deleted the level-04 folder, and replaced it with a freshly downloaded one, extracted from the mod-pack. That seems to let me select the level-04 mission from user scenarios, though doesn't allow access through StoryMissions menu.

1 year, 1 month ago

Yeah. What I only know, it sometimes happend this mostly, when I update the mod and you are playing the mission on older version and during the actual mission you update the mod. This can happend.

I Tryed many fixes and also asked many times to other modders to help me solve this issue but unfortunetly nothing worked.

I can only recoment to follow the instructions in the FAQ. There are many ways, how to fix it or at least how to play the rest of the missions.

1 year, 1 month ago

That'd be it. I upgraded from 2.2.9 to 2.3.0 during the mission.
The "\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\scenarios" work-around worked, so I'm happy to continue like that.
As I said, I'm loving the missions, and I'd much rather that GreenFlag's efforts are spent on polishing/expanding the missions (or whatever else brings you joy), rather than fixing edge-case bugs.

1 year, 1 month ago

But I need to know when my problem is fixed. For instance: Am I supposed to get some scripting dialogue when mission 4 starts? Now I do not get any messages at all.

1 year, 1 month ago

But I need to know when my problem is fixed. For instance: Am I supposed to get some scripting dialogue when mission 4 starts? Now I do not get any messages at all.

Hi, how to proceed is described here in FAQ from points 4): https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Story-Missions/faq
I recomend for you to manually copy the levels (from .zip) to your scenario folder (in appdata/..). This should help you.
Or copy whole campaign folder to the "base" game, then use cheat mod "skip-level" to get to your current level.

Chosse what is better for you.

1 year, 1 month ago

So I answer my own questions for others users with the same problem then.

Yes when you manage to fix the problem you will get up a big window with the title "Mission-04 Wasteland" explaining the scenario level. This is the sign that you should be looking for. This is how you know that you have fixed the problem.

What I did:
1 Used the in-game mod updater to get Story-Mission_2.3.0.zip into my factorio/mods/ folder
2 Copied it to another place where I unzipped it.
3 Moved away my old folder factorio/scenarios/level-04
4 Replaced that folder with the new unzipped level-04 folder I found in /Story-Missions_2.3.0/campaigns/story-missions/level-04
5 Downloaded the skip-levels mod
6 I went into a level-03 save and from there I skipped that level.
7 Then I got the "Mission 04 - Wasteland" mission screen.

1 year, 1 month ago

Hi, I'm glad you find a way to solve the problem.

I am currently trying to fix this problem, yet unsuccefully (trial and error method in my case). My only recomendation is to update my mod always, when you finished the current played mission. This should always prevent to get this issue in the future.

What I only know, somehow old versions doesnt like the newer.

1 year, 1 month ago

Sorry but i try everyting (update mod/ disable mod/last save/skip level/...) nothing works.

1 year, 1 month ago

Copie all mission like republikanen

after modify player-data.json to add or modify :

"story-missions":
{
"level-01": "hard",
"level-02": "hard",
"level-03": "hard",
"level-04": "hard",
"level-05": "hard",
"level-06": "hard",
"level-07": "hard",
"level-08": "hard",
"level-09": "hard",
"level-10": "hard"
},

it's works !

1 year, 1 month ago

"story-missions":
{
"level-01": "hard",
"level-02": "hard",
"level-03": "hard",
"level-04": "hard",
"level-05": "hard",
"level-06": "hard",
"level-07": "hard",
"level-08": "hard",
"level-09": "hard",
"level-10": "hard"
},

it's works !

Hi, you just added this code to player-data.json and it is working?

Nice work!
I will add also this option to the FAQ. Currently I'm working on fixing this issue. Hope next patch will solve it.

1 year, 23 days ago

it's works !

Hi again, how did you actually managed to do that? Because I tryed several times in Factorio and after closing the game, the player-data.json is changing back to the previous version. How exactly did you change the player-data.json?

New response