Story Missions - [Scenario Pack]

New campaign mod for Factorio contains a total of 10 full scripted missions. Each mission has a series of mandatory and optional tasks. You can enjoy more than 20 hours of pure gameplay and lore-friendly story about YOU, the engineer who survived the harsh conditions of the unknown planet where crash-landed years ago. How to play? Just install and then click on NEW GAME button. You will see missions in the menu. For more info, check the mod portal. Locales: EN,CZ,SK,RU,DE,PL,KO,FR,ES,CN

Scenarios
1 year, 6 days ago

b river bots mission: science labs and lab count and crash

1 year, 3 months ago

Hi!

In the mission where you can't (easily) cross the river and have to preserve the roboports on the other side for remote mining I found two bugs:

1) at some point, it asks you to build additional labs. Since I already had plenty and thought thats pretty much stupid (why not require an absolute number of labs instead?), I tried to mine a lab and immediately place it again. This decreased the objectives counter from 0/6 to -1/6.

2) After that, when I placed the 7 additional labs, the game crashed:

factorio-2023/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:946: attempt to index field 'character' (a nil value)

Which is this line:

start_position = player.character.position,

I would guess this is maybe because at that point, my character is disabled due to the cutscene(?)

1 year, 3 months ago

Hi. Yes you are right.

1) is my fault which I didnt solved yet
2) if you are using some cheats or other mods, this can happend.

1 year, 3 months ago

Hmm. I do use some other mods, but mostly QOL mods (auto research, blueprint extensions, bottleneck lite, classic gui, copy paste modules, editor extensions, picker*, train control signals), which basically work with any other mod I ever played, so I would be surprised if this were the cause for the cutscene to crash. Also, it only affected this cut scene and the following one, all other mission cutscenes worked fine (after commenting out that code).

But sure, it could still be due to another mod, so feel free to ignore this report until it is substantiated (whenever I play through it again).

1 year, 3 months ago

In fact, thinking about it more, I did play some maps in multiplayer for a while, but didn't advance any objectives (because the mod crashed when you do). Could this maybe have corrupted the state?

New response