Story Missions - [Scenario Pack]

New campaign mod for Factorio contains a total of 10 full scripted missions. Each mission has a series of mandatory and optional tasks. You can enjoy more than 20 hours of pure gameplay and lore-friendly story about YOU, the engineer who survived the harsh conditions of the unknown planet where crash-landed years ago. How to play? Just install and then click on NEW GAME button. You will see missions in the menu. For more info, check the mod portal. Locales: EN,CZ,SK,RU,DE,PL,KO,FR,ES,CN

Scenarios
10 months ago

g Play free play or this first?

1 year, 6 months ago

What do you recommend I play first? Story missions mod or free play with default vanilla settings and launch a rocket? I just finished the tutorial missions. What is best in terms of overall learning curve and experience?

1 year, 6 months ago

The first mission is decent, its comparable to the tutorial's final mission with trains, I think it required dealing with oil though. after that I thinks its way too tedious/challenging to beat the other missions without some guide or having experience in the game. some missions will even take longer than sending your first rocket in free play because of Expensive resources or Expensive Research enabled.

I suggest trying to fly your first rocket in free play before trying this.

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

Didn't play this mod since some time but if it didn't change I disadvice. Free play is just the best, having to restart your base is generally a big con to scenario, that why when dev of factorio tried a new campaign purpose was to extend the map instead of having many scenario with new terrain. This mod pack have this problem. So for a beginner I really disadvice cause you would need to restart too many time.

1 year, 6 months ago

It is recomended to play at least tutorial before you start playing my mod ;-)

1 year, 6 months ago

Okay thank you all. Sounds like this scenario pack is tailored more for advanced players.

1 year, 6 months ago

From my opinion you can try. If you get lost or lose in some point, you can play freeplay to find a good solution. But I think my missions should learn you some basics also. At least mission 1 and 2 are really easy and shouldnt be problem even for newbie

New response