Story Missions - [Scenario Pack]

New campaign mod for Factorio contains a total of 10 full scripted missions. Each mission has a series of mandatory and optional tasks. You can enjoy more than 20 hours of pure gameplay and lore-friendly story about YOU, the engineer who survived the harsh conditions of the unknown planet where crash-landed years ago. How to play? Just install and then click on NEW GAME button. You will see missions in the menu. For more info, check the mod portal. Locales: EN,CZ,SK,RU,DE,PL,KO,FR,ES,CN

Scenarios
11 months ago

g Mission 7 - can't destroy enemy trains

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

Mission description says that there are enemy trains that you can loot by destroying the locomotive. But I can't destroy a locomotive - I intercepted one train but when I try to shoot at it it says "this cannot be damaged". I can destroy wagons, but that destroys its contents and still does not give me access to remaining wagons.

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

Hi, did you using any mods on the mission?

If yes, try to disable all of them and then play again the mission. The standart key for attacking neutral targets is "C"
Also you must keep a trace with the train because cannon from the car has some aiming time.

1 year, 9 months ago

Sorry, forgot to reply earlier.

I played through the rest of the mission and it turns out that this train is part of an objective - it was the second train of the mission, before unlocking the bridge to the rest of the map. I tried to do this before I was given that objective (basically right after securing the first iron mine) and I was not aware that this train will be relevant later. All the trains after crossing the bridge worked fine.

I find the mission intel a bit confusing then. I think in all earlier missions the information given there was applicable from the very start. But in this one you need to somehow know that you are not supposed to be intercepting enemy trains until you get an objective telling you to do so (and of course you don't know what objectives you will be getting in the future).

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

Hi, this is very good feedback. I never though people will go imidietly agains another enemy train (because you have no resources :D). I will think about that what I can do with it. Thank you again.

New response