Story Missions - [Scenario Pack]

New campaign mod for Factorio contains a total of 10 full scripted missions. Each mission has a series of mandatory and optional tasks. You can enjoy more than 20 hours of pure gameplay and lore-friendly story about YOU, the engineer who survived the harsh conditions of the unknown planet where crash-landed years ago. How to play? Just install and then click on NEW GAME button. You will see missions in the menu. For more info, check the mod portal. Locales: EN,CZ,SK,RU,DE,PL,KO,FR,ES,CN

Scenarios
11 months ago

g Mission 8 beta comments

2 years ago

I've completed mission 8 and here are my comments (v2.1.2) :

1. There's no real reason to establish the 3rd base. The concept of moving from one base to the next is nice, but there's everything you need at the second base to complete the mission. Maybe have easier objectives at the second base and less ressources so the player actually need to move to the third base or leave it as is and players can choose to build up at either bases.

2. Took me 16h to complete this one mission, I find the 2x slow research to be a pain. Biters weren't a problem once I hunkered down the second base with a mix of flametrowers and laser defenses, so most of my time was to build up the base, repair defenses as needed and wait the long time for the research to complete. (I simply went to the third base to activate the objective and than came back).

I didn't encounter any bugs, overall I really like what you've done with the missions, great job!

2 years ago

Hi, thank you for feedback. I'm already planning to do some changes. ;-)

2 years ago

Currently on the second base manufacturing uranium ammo. v2.1.2
Moving from one base to another is realy a nice touch. After reaching the second base the enemy spitters evolved and are more present (i think) and just overrun my defences at the first base. The following problem with the anoying alert messages triggered me way to much and i had to disable the sound. It is not very sadisfying to see your first base getting slowly destroyed while sitting helpless to far away. This also made it hard to check for alerts at the current base.
Not sure how you can improve on that experience. Maybe let the previous base also getting destroyed by the nukes? Or increase the enemies so the base is more quickly destroyed. I think the destruction of the first base is inevitable and this should go fast and/or initiated by the player it self

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

In 2.1.3 I did changes in resourches. So basically you should run out of resources on older bases and that mean the stop of pollution.

OR just when you move on to other base, disable production of the old facility.

OR destroy nearby nests around bases. This is also possible.

2 years ago

Then the story should be told a litte bit different maybe?
My understanding was to rush to the next base to "support/help" so i did not made any preparations to the old base.
Maybe add some text that adds any hint to fortify the base or shut down production before heading to the next base?

Anyway, this is a very good scenario mod so far! I already recommended it to my friends!

2 years ago

It could be something as simple as saying we need to abandon this base because of the sandstorm (the cause of the 2x slow research in the story) and to gather everything they can to continue at the next base.

I tried v2.1.3, after almost 6h I got the objective to move to the third base, it seems that technically I could potentially stay at the second base to finish the mission with about 1 million iron ore left to mine. It's a pretty long mission, which I guess is fine considering it's better than having missions that are too shorts. Another option would be to keep the second base as short as the first base. A little buildup, a little defense, few things to move out and then go and really build a bigger and more involved base at the third one.

Anyway you go, you can't really go wrong. I've been craving for a campaign in Factorio for so long and this is awsome!

2 years ago

Agree, I ll add something more about abandoning the bases.

1 year, 11 months ago

Hi all! First of all, huge thanks to the mod creator - story missions are so involving, it gives a fresh breathe of air to the game! Spectacular!
But I seem stuck on the 8th mission at 2nd base - as I prepared as much stuff as I could being at first base (walls, flame throwers, accumulators, solars, laser turrets), then once I get to the 2nd base I immediately walled and towered the whole perimeter as my first priority (ignoring objectives). Then I hooked up oil, cleaned up rails and locomotive and made a blue science setup. And only when all done and I felt safe, I followed with mission tasks - hooked up the centrifuge. After the dialog gone, the mission objective reads "Improve Triumph's station defenses and production". Well, it seems like I overdid it already, so what should I do now to give a go to the mission script? Maybe it has something to do with the railway I scrapped away previously? Hope for a reply, thanks in advance.

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

Hi, after building centrifuge wait about 15 minutes and you'll eventually get another objective...

1 year, 11 months ago

Yep, that worked, just a timer delay, thanks. Still, as a matter of feedback, must comment on that hidden delay mechanic - when it is not clear what is expected from the player to do exactly, it gives a bit of panic. Like, I started wandering if there is something particular I may have missed in the dialog or something obvious I just do not see. :)

1 year, 11 months ago

Yeah, I realised this is the problem, I will fix that in the next patch ;-)
Thank you for feedback.

New response