Story Missions - [Scenario Pack]

New campaign mod for Factorio contains a total of 10 full scripted missions. Each mission has a series of mandatory and optional tasks. You can enjoy more than 20 hours of pure gameplay and lore-friendly story about YOU, the engineer who survived the harsh conditions of the unknown planet where crash-landed years ago. How to play? Just install and then click on NEW GAME button. You will see missions in the menu. For more info, check the mod portal. Locales: EN,CZ,SK,RU,DE,PL,KO,FR,ES,CN

Scenarios
11 months ago

b Sudden failure in Mission 6?

2 years ago

In ver 2.03, while I'm in the process of deleting 6 Mid-sized worms emerged on the eastern coast, I wasn't nearby around where I'd likely to get damaged and get myself killed. I was minding my own factory managing, while I suddenly got a Game Over out of nowhere while no roboport was harmed + no sign of turrets nor roboports being destroyed by artillery or such.

Is it a glitch, or intended one?

Also another minor one, but during the process of installing additional 6 Labs in factory, once I set one the task description suddenly changes into 'reallocate Passive Provider Chests', while the trigger still stands - installing Labs increases the number. Haven't tried reallocating Passive Provider Chests, but I don't think it could be the case...

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi, thank you for feedback

1) Are you sure no roboports were destroyed? If you loose just one, the game ends.
2) I'm just uploading the version 2.0.4 where issue with labs is fixed. Just build new 6 labs and objective should continue. There was a syntaxe mistake in the code

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I'm not sure if I can get myself a split second moment of alert of something being destroyed right before a Game Over happens since Game Over screen pauses the game, but from what I can tell, no roboports were harmed at the moment I got Game Over. I kept looking around those parts where I can find my ports being in danger - due to Artillery Cannon's collateral damage while all it tried to take down was my turret, but no, nothing were blown up and yet I still got it out of nowhere. My save file is practically doomed at this point cause it only takes less than a minute to see its random doom from where it was saved the last time.

I've looked up the map via map editor and noticed something which may or may not be the threat to those Roboports since its collateral damage could technically blow it away, but other than that I didn't notice it could become an actual problem since Mission 6 is not like 5, in which you sorta have time limit.

...Or did some of those MODs I used at the same time did the sabotage? Those I was using were 'AutoDeconstruct (Mining Drills)', 'NepGear', 'Tinted Spaceship'. Other than the 1st one which could slightly affect the gameplay, 2nd & 3rd ones are solely aesthetic mods so I don't think they'd be causing the problem.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

can you send me the save file please?

yeah, about the other mods, I highly recoment not to use any game-changing mod (mods which alter vanilla things)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I opened up the game with all other mods disabled, and yet the result didn't change... Guess I'll have to restart the game without any mod installed. After all, the mod got updated.

Here's the link for the problematic save file.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6485a7zlqzr7zmn/%25EC%258A%25A4%25ED%2586%25A0%25EB%25A6%25AC_%25EB%25AA%25A8%25EB%2593%259C_6_-_%25EC%25A0%2595%25EB%25A6%25AC%25EC%25A0%2595%25EB%258F%2588.zip/file

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I found the problem and its really funny and stupid :D. For unknown reason one biter attacking to the pirate roboport but the pirates and biters should be friendly to each other. For my mistake, if also the enemy roboport is destroyed, its counting to you :(

Hehehe, I should probably again re-watch the movie "I, robot". You know, there is some reference on the AI that is evolving during the time and doing things, which never was programed and coded. :D :D This is the case.

Fortunately, I know the solution for this and I will repair it in the future update. Yeah it's definetly a bug which I never antipisated.

To solving your issue with the save, do you have any older save? If not, find the "command" to kill all entity biters and splitters in the area and this should solve your problem.

New response