Story Missions - [Scenario Pack]

New campaign mod for Factorio contains a total of 10 full scripted missions. Each mission has a series of mandatory and optional tasks. You can enjoy more than 20 hours of pure gameplay and lore-friendly story about YOU, the engineer who survived the harsh conditions of the unknown planet where crash-landed years ago. How to play? Just install and then click on NEW GAME button. You will see missions in the menu. For more info, check the mod portal. Locales: EN,CZ,SK,RU,DE,PL,KO,FR,ES,CN

Scenarios
11 months ago

b Minor text typo in Mission 5 v1.1.4

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi GreenFlag,

In the recent additions to Mission 5 there's what looks like some typos in the text markup on the final comments in v1.1.4. I think in the first and last text boxes of that section. Some of the words didn't present with the colours it looks like they wanted. Not a big deal, probably not worth a patch just for this, just roll it into the next content update.

Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1bIAeZbONg&t=3501s
(Significant spoiler warnings for Mission 5 content, yes, that's at the end of my full Story Mod playthrough)

I didn't find the new addition as tricky or as interesting as attacking the artillery bases. Making my way there was cool, quite a journey, several spicy YOLOs, perhaps not what was expected. That was great. But only encountering one kind of defensive structure when I finally got there made the breach much more straightforward than any of the earlier assaults. Not sure what to do about that, like Mission 4 it's difficult to balance well, but that was my personal impression.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hello Splee,

I wondered, if you write me here :D. I actually watched all your gameplay videos on YT of Story Missions recently and I must say, that was perfect! :D I also write some comments to the videos, not sure if you re read them.

Back to the topic. I'll check the typos and repair it. Overall in mission 5 can be more mistakes, because it wasn't so well tested before. Last part of the misssion is just post-ending. First time I wasn't sure, If I will continue in creating additional missions but thats changed and now I'm preparing additional 5 missions. I will release them probably in January 2022.

I also wanted to ask you, if you will be intersted to partipicate in testing and help me balance the new missions.
Thank you for answer.
You can contact me on discord also GreenFlag#8881

And I'm glad, you liked the mod ;-)

2 years ago

Thank you!

Yes, I think I could help playtest some new things. Following the story missions did get me mucking around in the scenario editor wondering about exactly what was possible / viable. So yes, let's talk about some things. I'll ping you on discord.

New response