Story Missions - [Scenario Pack]

New campaign mod for Factorio contains a total of 10 full scripted missions. Each mission has a series of mandatory and optional tasks. You can enjoy more than 20 hours of pure gameplay and lore-friendly story about YOU, the engineer who survived the harsh conditions of the unknown planet where crash-landed years ago. How to play? Just install and then click on NEW GAME button. You will see missions in the menu. For more info, check the mod portal. Locales: EN,CZ,SK,RU,DE,PL,KO,FR,ES,CN

Scenarios
10 months ago

g Mission 5?

2 years ago

Hi there, really enjoyed playing through this for missions 1 to 4. I got the train to finish off mission 4 and it went straight to the next map rather than the campaign map. I've also noted that I can't access mission 5 from the main menu. In addition to this the map I'm on has no tasks and just appears to be a get on with building, is this correct or have I missed mission 5 due to a bug, I was just surprised not to have a target for the mission that's all. Thanks!

2 years ago

Hi, not sure if I understand you correctly. If you finish in mission 4 all objectives, you will get access to next mission 5. I also recoment to disable other mods. I just tested and it works in version 1.1.3.
Can you please describe me exactly step by step, what happend after you finish the mission 4?

Mission 5 has normal mission objective as previous missions, but from the start there are running some scripts. Some players had also issues but mostly because of the other mods.

2 years ago

I've just checked and only have this and the Base mod listed so I don't think it's that. I did it twice from the same save as I was cheating a bit with the swarms of enemies and trying to get through each wave :) As I said I got on the train, filled it with some coal and blasted off. Then the guy messages to say see you later and the victory screen comes up with all the things I've destroyed and after I press next level it just goes straight to a blank map. I'm on 1.1.2 so I've just tried updating to 1.1.3 and still the same. I've saved it at the point of getting on the train since it went wrong the second time, is there anyway of sharing it? (have no idea if it's possible).

Maybe it's because the biters got through into the main base, they didn't do much damage though and let me get through also, I was hiding :) they did seem to stop occasionally like they were having a rest. I also have a couple of saves (autosave) from further back also, as I said I had to restart and go again.

2 years ago

Was just thinking, the first time I went through it was by completing mission 3 but I messed up and didn't have enough stuff to protect the base in the tower defence bit, so I started again from New Game and clicking Mission 4. Maybe that's the difference?

2 years ago

No no, even if you cheat, it doesn't matter. You should normally win and go to next level. Can you please send me a screenshots or video?

2 years ago

If problem still remain, you can also play manually by uploading the mission 5 (level-5 folder) to your scenario folder.
C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\scenarios

The level-5 folder you can find in story-mission.zip, just copy it to scenario folder.

But this is all strange, there must be some issue. I ll wait for your screenshots and video.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

https://www.loom.com/share/e9a1455fc8614d969fec07a6b8deadd1

Here you go, it's a bit janky sorry, I might try the manual upload tomorrow if I get chance, thank you

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

it looks like the data from level 5 can be damaged. We can try 2 ways.

completely remove the mod and reinstall it

or

try again play mission 4 from the MAIN MENU, cheat it to final objective and we will hope, it will start next level corectly (but Im worry it will not work).

Don't use any cheat which changing game data, use just commands to add items.

the start from mission 5 looks like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rteq3eOk2ew

2 years ago

Ok thank you, I'll try and have a go at removing it all and then reinstalling tomorrow afternoon

2 years ago

you re welcome, let me know about the mission progress after you reinstal the mod ;-)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I tried again after reinstalling it and it crashed again, so I added Mission 5 into roaming as you said and went to New Game and I could play it.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi, I tryed again also to completely remove the mod and play it again and I didn't find any error. I think, there can be some error in game data storage.
But I am really not sure, why this is happening to you.

So Im sorry I couldnt help you to repair the mod.

Still I hope, you at least enjoyed the campaign :-)

3 months ago

I had the same problem after finishing level 04 regularly without other mods - copying the scenario-directory "level-05" from a fresh mod download to my directory C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\scenarios fixed the problem.

By the way: Incredible work, GreenFlag - missions like yours are what I missed in the game from the beginning!!! Love it!

a month ago

Hi thank you very much. I am sorry that this happens sometimes to people.

New response