Story Missions - [Scenario Pack]

New campaign mod for Factorio contains a total of 10 full scripted missions. Each mission has a series of mandatory and optional tasks. You can enjoy more than 20 hours of pure gameplay and lore-friendly story about YOU, the engineer who survived the harsh conditions of the unknown planet where crash-landed years ago. How to play? Just install and then click on NEW GAME button. You will see missions in the menu. For more info, check the mod portal. Locales: EN,CZ,SK,RU,DE,PL,KO,FR,ES,CN

Scenarios
11 months ago

g Thankyou and some observations.

2 years ago

I would just like to thank GreenFlag for putting together a great scenario pack for Factorio. I love story driven missions and as much as I love Factorio it is definitely one aspect of the game that is missing. So it's good of you to fill that niche.

I have played the first 4 missions and am currently working through the 5th. I see that you are intending to make more and I look forward to those too. The missions thus far have been well paced, not overly difficult or time consuming (I reckon I have spent about 15-16 hours not including mission 5). Personally I wouldn't care if they took longer. My only gripe and it's just a pet peeve is I don't like timed missions, Mission 3 had me worried with the 5 hour time limit and the limited resources to get a factory going and research Military. In the end it only took me about 2.5 hours to complete (although I did have some possibly game breaking help, but more on that later).

Mission 4 - bases. I like the organic design of your bases in this mission (and so far in 5) , that said it can be a little confusing to figure out where to put the resources you have to go out and collect. Less experienced players might have difficulty figuring out what goes where. I would suggest replacing the inserters on the chests with filter (or stack filter) inserters set to the appropriate resource. When ALT is pressed it would just make it that little bit more obvious for what goes where and reduce contaminating the belts. Same applies to Mission 5's base too.

Mods.
I usually run a heap of game changing and QOL mods, obviously I turned most of them off but I did keep a few and here's how they went.

Spidertron Start - Causes immediate game crash on load, obviously conflicts with something, suggest adding to incompatible list, probably game breaking.
Tiny Start - Small Armour with Equipment grid and roboports/bots. Very handy in early game. Great for clearing trees and repairing your car and buildings and building smelter arrays etc. Worked fine through missions 1-4 but failed to load properly on Mission 5, possibly due to spawning inside a train. I can live with out it but is a nice to have option.
RPG - System. I like this because it increases stuff like crafting speed, movement, mining and combat abilities. You have to work for it though. That said in missions 3 and 4 I really leveraged the combat abilities which made your missions much easier. As I said earlier for mission 3 possibly game breaking for your intended difficulty.
Jetpack - haven't used this one in game (it requires rocket fuel so not researched that far in any mission thus far) would break the game in missions 3-4 because you could just fly into restricted areas/behind enemy lines.

Mission designs and objectives are good, mission descriptions could perhaps be a little clearer but are adequate, unique base designs are intriguing, Would like a little more latitude to explore your bases, particularly in mission 2, Maybe just add a few more radars so people can look in map mode. You built it so let people see it.

Thanks again, if anyone else is thinking about playing this go and do it, it's fun.

PS I'll report back later on my thoughts for Mission 5.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi! Thank you very much for feedback. I'm glad you liked the missions. :-D

Missions:
- Mission 3 timing had orginally 4 hours. But I know lots of players like building, so I expend the time to 5 hours. And why is there timing? Well, first thing was to make a little presure on the player, because you must changed your tactics, what you dont normally doing. And second: Every other my map don't have borders, so you can go everywhere except mission 3. The map is actually 2 islands :-D
- In mission 4, I still don't know the good way, how to name the chests for what exactly resources they need, but the facility is designed like if you put something wrongly, it will turn back your stuff. So you don't need to worry for loosing something. I also expect everyone played tutorial missions, so just follow the logic :-D
- Mission 2. To see only small part of the base is intended :D. I have actually plans with this mission in the future but I will not spoiler anything else :D. If you wanted to see the hiden base. Go on a try to get inside. There are many suprices waiting for you :D.

Mods:
I'll put on the incompatible list the mods, you're noted. Thank you for that ;). I still don't recoment to use any benefitial mods, because can ruin the experience with missions (to have jetpack is like turn-on the fly cheat) :-D.

Mission description:
Yes, this is thing what I'm just working on and I can share image, how it can look in the future update. Still I'm now solving the problem with picture resolution i nthe game (someone has 4k monitor and some old fasion CRT with 1024x768) :D. If you play older version of the mod you can see mission description only if you put all missions (level files) to scenario folder, but this is not a way what I wanted to have for you.

"this is not final and it can change"

Also I'm still working on some bugs in game and balancing. But my problem is LUA code, which I'm learning everyday. This is why some solutions in missions are not well made. I'm definetly not satisfied with them and working on improvments.

And good news is: I finished designing the mission 6. I expect maybe in december will be Mission Story pack volume 2 with additional 5 missions :-D.

I will be waiting for your last progress in mission 5. If you make a video, I'll be happy to watch it.

New response