Space Trains

Adds futuristic trains designed for Space exploration. These trains are faster and have more capacity, but are more expensive to build

Content
1 year, 1 day ago
Transportation Trains

i An Option to Resize the trains?

1 year, 7 days ago

While I seen a thread also discussing this I did not want to necro that discussion.

I recently tried this mod on editor to see how it works and while I seen is these trains are a bit big than regular locomatives... It is not a huge problem when doing the network from the ground up but it also causes new blueprints to appear and make old ones obsolete most of the time ( which is two times in a row? )

Although main issue is... Size. Trains do not work well in existing network. Yes I know you can came up with a solution but if you have megabase with train network that literally really huge and intersections perfectly aligned it might be a bit of pain to redesign if you are a bit lazy ( or not it depends )

So what I suggest is a startup option to reduce the trains size to make them at samze size as vanilla locomotives.

1 year, 7 days ago

As I've said before, that would literally mean I'd need to completely redesign, re-render and re-implement all entities, which is more or less creating a new mod. I chose the longer trains as it is a more realistic proportion, and I personally prefer if mods add a new challenge, not just fancy graphics. If you don't like the size, don't use the mod.

1 year, 7 days ago

You really do not need to re-render the entire thing. Lua code is there to re-size the sprite for to it to work in-game. Even you can use spriting tools to edit the sprite even as well.

Also I checked the sprites there are almost close to same size and was able to atleast test it on Maglev Locomotive and was able to reduce its size. although wheels were off but it could be fixed by some clever coding.

1 year, 7 days ago

the graphics of the darkliner will definitely look glitched, the other trains will probably as well. re-rendering is necessary to not just scale the image because that will look bad. And in the end, if you want to make a private version of the mod with the distances changed, you can do that, there's no one stopping you. I chose this size because it also has advantages, like a longer wagon that can be 16 instead of 12 inserters can interface with at the same time. The mod is also meant to be added at the beginning of a run, not be added mind-run, and in that scenario, you can just design with it in mind

New response