Space Trains

Adds futuristic trains designed for Space exploration. These trains are faster and have more capacity, but are more expensive to build

Content
1 year, 1 day ago
Transportation Trains

g Size disparity

1 year, 10 months ago

Since you've increased the length of the train from 6 to 8 these trains do not fit into a pre-existing train network, they do not align with rail stations nor will they work with any existing blueprints. Shame too since these look nicer than the alternative.

1 year, 9 months ago

I am aware that the size difference may be frustrating, but I did so for various reasons:

1. New technologies often have some advantages (for example irl electric train not needing to have on board fuel storage) and disadvantages (for example those electric trains only being operational on rails with electrical lines). Same goes for these trains. They have a larger capacity, are faster and lighter at the cost of more length per cart

2. Factorio is a game about coming up with designed to solve problems and build an efficient factory. This is similar to how electric furnace are bigger than steel furnace.

3. When making the graphic for this mod, at least ten hours where spend in blender Modeling. After realising that the train was longer than the original, I had a choice to make. Do I throw away several hours of work or adjust the length to fit the graphics.

But if a lot of people really want a size adjusted version, I may add one

New response