Smart Inserters

Change pickup/drop position for each inserter, change drop/pickup offet, copy-paste settings, custom inserter lenght and more... Enjoy!

Utilities
a month ago
Logistics

b [DONE(?)] Uncommon crash on UI click.

5 months ago

The mod Smart Inserters (1.2.9) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Smart_Inserters::on_gui_click (ID 1)
Smart_Inserters/scripts/inserter_functions.lua:325: attempt to index local 'inserter' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Smart_Inserters/scripts/inserter_functions.lua:325: in function 'get_inserter_orientation'
Smart_Inserters/scripts/selector_gui.lua:423: in function 'on_button_position'
Smart_Inserters/control.lua:216: in function <Smart_Inserters/control.lua:208>

5 months ago

Ill check then report what I found here

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

Host and play with a friend, dosent happen often but always when clicking a UI button to change the inserter pickup / drop position.
Only config change is to disable range tech.

5 months ago

Does it happen when clicking the button or when you miss it slightly?
Also, can you tell me if this happens on any inserter or only a specific mod/entity?
In case could you send me a save and a screenshot of all the mods that affect inserters?

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

World: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bws0sp94aqqtpwszmam0d/Normal_World.zip?rlkey=mvgy8v5u9q1xcjc5qmflja3az&dl=0

Inserter: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zzny5c9x7urutghf9ayod/chrome_hZpwN6s1Vi.png?rlkey=akhlog0ers0qt1pv09cj9qf1h&dl=0

As for clicking it or miss clicking it, attempting to click every pixel around and on the buttons seems no immediate issue, as its only happend about 5-6 times in this 82 hour save so far which makes it a 'fun' bug to reproduce.

Specific inserter mainly on fast inserters, but has happend at least once on a long inserter.

5 months ago

It's quite hard to reproduce, I added a check in the function that crashes in the bug report you sent me but I could not figure out how that is possible, basically the opened entity is not the inserter you want to edit, maybe some mods change your focus but I really have no idea how/when.

If the bugs persist I'll do some more investigations.

New response