Smart Inserters

Change pickup/drop position for each inserter, change drop/pickup offet, copy-paste settings, custom inserter lenght and more... Enjoy!

Utilities
a month ago
Logistics

i [DONE] Unlockable range option is not working as intended (It was)

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

With an unlockable range option, regular inserters are still stuck at range=1, and long inserters are stuck at range=2.

Mod Settings:

• Max inserter range: 3 (default)
  • Same range for all inserters: off
  • Offset selector: on (default)
  • Chase items on a belt: on (default)
  • Range technologies: on
  • Diagonal technologies: on
  • Offset technology: on
  • Disable long inserters: off

Inserters blueprint:

0eNrNlVGPgjAMx79Ln4dxTAT5KuZCEKq3HGxkG+YI4btfB57eReOJL+fbunb/9tcuWw+7qsXGSOUg7UEWWllItz1YeVB55fdc1yCkIB3WwEDltbcQA6n2UknXBcU7WgcDA6lK/ISUD28MUDnpJE5io9Flqq13aCjgjgyDRls6qZXPTWpBtIgYdLTgySIas0wHMovOSXWwPtBgrY+YteSrHBosM18vufZ5ZZHBtD1Vc8otjVaBNkgpC916/mjJoNald+YuqDAf67lQDQO7YglnsYiXZhFzWPgZZfOCKKsnr9j6CRZn2udQav0ASXQm2RM4sVg0lOguRUwUN6TWD0uFv6QYlEY32dUFCJeCh1Pgt0GxjSw+2qvogJ8EbxUWz5oWf+FpJY+2WPw1rM2cnlxGH/1zS+jpH3+K9MfHwuBIwmO1YcJX8SaM40QkQqyH4QvdXi1U

Expected:

After completing range tech, yellow&blue inserters will have more range

Actual:

They do not.
https://i.imgur.com/i5GOory.png

6 months ago

You Need to enable "same range for all inserters" to force the inserter over thei default values

6 months ago

You Need to enable "same range for all inserters" to force the inserter over thei default values

This does not make sense. Range upgrades should increase inserters' range, and Long Inserter should have 1 more range even after all upgrades, at a cost of being slightly slower.

6 months ago

yes and no, the idea is that you set the max range you want to reach, then disbale long inserter and play with a single set of inserters

(also the distance does not affect the speed since the rotation does not change, only affect the speed if you move to another range)

I can add incremental range as a feature tought (this should not take too long)

6 months ago

done, I need to fix some stuff but the feature is implemented, keep in mind that the max-range is an hard-cap so even if you have an inserter that should overcome that it will not (I will not change this for now)

New response