Smart Inserters

Change pickup/drop position for each inserter, change drop/pickup offet, copy-paste settings, custom inserter lenght and more... Enjoy!

Utilities
a month ago
Logistics

b [DONE] Pickup Offset Does Not Work

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

First, I love this mod. I've used Bob's for years. Switched to this recently. I especially like that I can change the pickup and drop direction after it's built.
However, the Pickup offset does not work for me, no matter which location I select. For instance if an item is on the far-side of the belt, and I set the offset for near-side (even if it is empty), the inserter still picks up the item on the far-side. Perhaps, I'm misunderstanding how pickup offset works. The Drop offset works perfectly.

7 months ago

Unfortunately it works as intended, the game simply does not allow you to have the same level of control on the pickup offset, teh inserter will allways pick all the available items in the tile.
The only way you could use te pickup offset (to my understanding) is t squeeze some edge case performance in the inserter movements.
Ill' check a big deeper if ther's a variable I can toggle or somethign to make this work better but it's most likely not going to work in that sense.
I can try to shift the pickup offset more and more hoping that it will pick from the other side but over with value too high it will fall back to the near tile, also extreme offset changes will probably impact the speed of the inserter.

Hope my terrible english helped understand the problem. (if the base game changes this thing in the next update Ill'post something).

New response