When playing the game with mods just isn't good enough for your particular tastes, but writing your own whole mod from scratch is too much work, you mod the mods to suit your needs.
Instead of forking my own builds, I'm putting patches in here for my own functionality.
Mostly for personal use, but uploaded to the Mod Portal to be multiplayer-sync-compatible.
Originally written for some mostly-obsolete tweaks to VTK Deep Core mining, laser turrets and Bob's Modules in the 0.16 days. Most of that stripped out for 1.0 and focusing mostly on Krastorio2.
See the Legacy branch on GitHub for other old stuff.
- Made the Krastorio2 landfill-from-sand recipe more efficient for the work of processing stone into sand, and adds wood as an ingredient
- Productivity bonus to Krastorio2 Mk 2 & 3 Mining drills, since I helped get that feature implemented to the game last year.
- A Deep Oil Pumpjack with a +500% productivity bonus but low base speed, so your oil patches last longer at a given rate.
- Range buff to VortiK's Cannon Turrets
- Alternative "Obelisk" Laser turret, with high damage / long range / low rate of fire. (Currently still using pre-0.17 code from Klonan's "Laser Beam Turrets" mod until I get around to updating it for the new native laser beam styles...)
- More to come as I feel the need, now that I've set up the base...
- Walls self-repair out of combat, keeping bots out of the line of fire.
- Increase nuclear & antimatter artillery / bomb damage to be effective vs high-tier Rampant units
- Make landmines immune to friendly fire and/or most damage
- Currently makes them immune to ALL damage. This will be bad for PvP scenarios, but I'll deal with that if it ever becomes relevant. Who actually plays PvP Factorio?
- Make Krastorio gun ammo types direct upgrades of each other, stacking damage types.
- Make other turret types inherit gun turret damage research buff?
- Add a reinforced plate wall & imersite plate crystalline wall with 3-5k HP and high physical / low acid resistances, and vice-versa.
- Series of landmines for different damage types, some based on capsules