SigmaOne's Mods: Nuclear

by Sigma1

Makes nuclear fuel, and some other uranium-related item production a bit more complex and immersive.

Content
2 years ago
0.15 - 1.1
Power

g Question/Bug + Suggestion.

5 years ago

Great mod, loving it so far but I am having an issue.
I seem to have access to way more Uranium ore than fluorine. I have barely scratched my first uranium outpost and have already completely tapped out 3 fluorine deposits and am struggling to find more. You need 6 fluorine for every uranium so I was expecting to be able to find and get fluorine at a much larger rate. MY first Uranium patch was over 3Mil I think and even now I can barely find a fluorine patch about 2Mil. I do have a few other mods installed and RSO so maybe that is messing with the spawn or maybe I changed some of the settings at map gen I am not sure. Can you say if the Uranium/fluorine supply/demand is supposed to be more balanced?

A suggestion. Have a second way of processing uranium, a much more inefficient process which only uses Uranium ore without fluorine. It should only return Uranium-238 and probably at smaller quantities than normal. That way if you run out of fluorine but still have tons of Uranium ore you can still process it and convert it with a breeding cycle.

5 years ago

Might consider the second suggestion, if I find something similar that is possible in real life, as I like to base the features on real things and tweak them to be more player-friendly.

I think it may be RSO spawning a bit too little fluorine, as I get tons of it in vanilla. I'll notify the RSO dev to tweak it a bit.

New response