Shore Walls

Walls placeable on shallow water. Now you don't have to place landfill just to build walls! ⚠️ NOTE ⚠️ This mod REQUIRES either CanalBuilderWLK or CanalBuilderMAV as they provide the waterfill-tech prototype.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Environment

b [Resolved] Fails to start with AAI-Programmable-Vehicles and RampantArsenal

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

When starting a game with AAI-Programmable-Vehicles and Rampant Arsenal, the game fails to load with Shore Walls:
Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for entity prototype "shorewall-entity" (wall):next_upgrade target (concrete-wall) must have the same collision mask

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Can you provide a complete mod list? I can't reproduce with the same mods, and I don't know enough to fix it from that error message.

I also started up a game, researched everything (sandbox) and everything seems to work fine:

2 years ago

Sure, here is my modlist:
"base", "248k", "aai-industry", "aai-programmable-vehicles", "aai-signal-transmission", "aai-signals", "accumulator-wagon", "advanced-armor", "AdvancedArtilleryRemotesContinued", "Advanced_Electric", "Advanced_Modules", "adv_heat", "Aircraft", "AircraftRealism", "alien-biomes", "ATCTower", "Bags_of_Holding", "BatteryElectricTrain", "BeastFinder", "better-air-filtering", "better-long-inserters", "betterCargoPlanes", "Big-Monsters", "bigtruck", "Big_Brother", "biterproof", "Bottleneck", "bright-lamp", "BurntExtractor", "calculator-ui", "camedo-microwave", "CanalBuilderWLK", "car-finder", "cargo-ships", "Cold_biters", "concentrated-solar-power", "CreepCleaner", "CrushBrickToStone", "CW-hydrogen-power-1dot1", "Deadlock-AAII-bridge", "deadlock-beltboxes-loaders", "Deadlock-SE-bridge", "DeadlockLargerLamp", "Electric-Weapons", "Electric_Transformators", "electric_water_boiler", "equipment-gantry", "Explosive_biters", "factorio-crash-site", "fixLargeElectricPole", "flib", "Flow Control", "FluidMustFlow", "FluidMustFlowSE", "ForceFields2", "GatlingPulseLaser", "GhostPlacerExpress", "grappling-gun", "hardened_pipes", "heroturrets", "high-pressure-pipes", "Howitzer", "informatron", "jetpack", "Kux-OrbitalIonCannon", "laser_tanks_updated", "liborio", "LoaderRedux", "logicarts", "LSlib", "M-Dirigible", "Manifolds", "MaxRateCalculator", "Mini-Radar", "miniloader", "Mining-Space-Industries-II", "MiniRoboports", "More_Ammo", "NapalmArtillery", "nco-SmallTank", "platforms", "pollution-combinator", "pollution-detector", "PowerOverload", "PowerPlusPowerMeter", "Power_To_Liquid_updated", "pre-heated_exchanger", "production-potential", "pushbutton", "railloader", "Rampant", "RampantArsenal", "RampantIndustry", "remote-switch", "RenaiTransportation", "Repair_Turret", "Reusable_Robots", "Robocharger", "RoboTank", "robot_attrition", "Robot_Battery_Research", "Rocket-Silo-Construction", "rz-water-placeable-lamps", "ScanningRadar", "scattergun_turret", "SchallPrimaryBattery", "shield-projector", "Shortcuts-ick", "simple-billboard", "Solar-Lamp", "space-exploration", "space-exploration-graphics", "space-exploration-graphics-2", "space-exploration-graphics-3", "space-exploration-graphics-4", "space-exploration-graphics-5", "space-exploration-postprocess", "spidersentinel", "SpidertronEnhancements", "SpidertronPatrols", "spidertrontiers", "Squeak Through", "stack-combinator", "stdlib", "Switch_Button-1_0", "Tapeline", "textplates", "Todo-List", "Transport_Drones", "underwater-pipes", "VerticalAxisWindTurbines", "Warehousing", "WindSpeedChanging", "windturbines-2", "WipMod_windgenerator", "zero-fluid-info",

2 years ago

I wonder if this is related to the ForceFields2 mod? I recall a similar error message, and the author did something to fix it:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ForceFields2/discussion/5ddac2cf2478ed000dc080ff

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

The problem is that this mod copies, and then modifies the collision mask of, the vanilla wall, WITHOUT clearing it's next_upgrade_target or upgrade_group.

Entities that can be upgraded into each other MUST share the same collision mask, otherwise you get this error.
You might as well give them their own upgrade group/upgrade target.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

The problem is that this mod copies, and then modifies the collision mask of, the vanilla wall, WITHOUT clearing it's next_upgrade_target or upgrade_group.

yeah from looking at the ForceFields fix I thought it was something like that, I just haven't gotten some time to have a closer look. I copy the entirety of the vanilla wall so I don't have to specify all those graphics, but I'll change it to something more specific.

2 years ago

no need, just specify it to be nil, or something of your own.

2 years ago

Ok I have uploaded a fixed version, I've tested it with your gigantic mod list and it seems to work.

2 years ago

Yup, using it now. Thanks for the fix! :)

New response