Science Pack Galore

by Semenar

Add lots of types of science packs to spice up your set-ups with additional production lines! Includes 36 new science packs.

2 years ago

b Bug with "Space Exploration Postprocess" mod

2 years ago

Not work in space exploration postprocess

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/space-exploration-postprocess

2 years ago

Thanks, can confirm the problem exists.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Okay, the first problem was as follows. Space Exploration Postprocess expects to get a simple version of technology ingredient codes, while my science packs are inserted in an expanded one. This might cause Space Exploration Postprocess to be incompatible with any mods that add liquid science, but since it is a complete overhaul, this is not going to be a problem, I guess.

I changed the code to adding sciences, and now Space Exploration Postprocess exits with stack overflow. Seems that it encountered a cyclic dependency, which would be a bit of work to debug, so don't expect the fix soon.

UPD: my mod returns a tech tree without any cyclic dependencies; my code is working correctly, and even Space Exploration Postprocess code for pruning the tech tree is working correctly if put inside my mod. I assume there is some change (either inside of Postprocess directly, or in some other dependency of Space Exploration along the way) that breaks the tree.

2 years ago

After investigating a bit more and discussing the problem with Space Exploration devs, the source was determined: the Space Exploration mod did some stuff in-between my changes and the Postprocess ones, breaking the tree structure in fun and interesting ways. Added it as an optional dependency to fix that.
Check the 1.0.3 version.

New response