Schall Uranium Processing

Separate pure uranium-235 and pure uranium-238 items? Real-world nuclear industry do NOT work like that! This mod introduces more realistic uranium items of different grades and more realistic uranium enrichment processing. Recipes are kept simple, so even vanilla players will find this easy to master with. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Awesome mod

4 years ago

Just wanted to pop im here and say thanks for the awesome mod. I have always hated the way that vanilla handles uranium processing as it makes no sense at all. Also, I use LOTS of mods, quite a few of which are nuclear mods and yours works great with them. I just hope you continue to update this because I will never be able to go back to base game uranium processing and the rediculous kovarex process.

4 years ago

Thanks for you kind comment. Glad you like this mod.
The terms you mentioned is exactly what I wanted to achieve: minimal impact (thus "natural" compatibility with other mods, without needing extra scripts) while solving the "Kovarex problem".

Among my mods, this mod is a quite small and simple one. So don't worry about the mainteance. ;-)

BTW, I did not remove Kovarex process completely, because I have no idea on how to handle the depleted uranium. In real-world, most are dumped as wastes. (US and UK military turned them to ammo and armour plates. But the majority don't.) Dumping just mean RAM and UPS sink in game, so not a good end solution for depleted uranium (or any other items), especially for megabase builders.

4 years ago

I have found that the solution to excess U238 can be mostly dealt with by using another mod called Nuclear Fuel. It also strives to maintain realisim to nuclear energy by using plutonium breeder cells ro convert U238 to Pu239. This is a real life process and requires specific breeder reactors to "breed" plutonium from U238. I would highly suggest using it in addition to your mod.

4 years ago

Good to know that.
Honestly I overlooked that, since breeder reactor were not so popular in the real-world, I though there were some significant downsides, even though it is theoretically attractive to make depleted uranium to uses.
Game-play wise, since it involves additional elements (Pu-239), as in external mod, so I will leave Kovarex process as an option (like now) for players to determine whether to disable or not.

New response