Schall Combat Robotics

Vanilla combat robots have ridiculously short lifetime. This minimalistic mod allows adjusting the robot lifetime. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro)

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

g [Solved] Values not changing in game

3 years ago

Hello, I installed the mod and changed the values in mod settings but nothing happens in game. Any chance you can update this mod? Appreciate the help.

3 years ago

I just tested but cannot reproduce your problem.
Schall Combat Robotics 0.18.0 on game 1.0.0, the values are changed exactly to the option values.
Do you have any other mods messing with the robots? The line of blue text beneath the robot name will show which mod(s) are changing them.

3 years ago

Thanks for the quick response. I am currently using Krastorio 2 mod which shows up in the line of blue text. Is there any way to have your mod overwrite it or are they two just incompatible? Thanks again for your content!

3 years ago

It is caused by which mod took the final edit/change of the values.
Normally, for entities using vanilla names, setting the values on data phase is well enough. No need to do that in later phases.
Now they are doing this after me (as I am already doing that on data-updates phase). So it sounds more like they want to force their own values from being edited by other mods?
Maybe they deliberately do this to prevent combat bots to become too cost-effective and useful, in their balance settings? I am not sure, as I do not play that. But perhaps you can raise this question in their discussion board, if you want to.

I do not want to initiate a "war of final edit". So I will speculate for some time, before releasing a formal update.
But you can try editing my mod as a temporary fix:
1/ Decompress this mod, to the same folder the ZIP file was located.
2/ Open info.json with some decent text editor. (Any text editor EXCEPT Windows Notepad should be fine.)
3/ Replace the line

"dependencies": ["base >= 0.18.0"]

to

"dependencies": ["base >= 0.18.0", "? Krastorio2"]

4/ Start the game and see if the values are changed.
5/ If above does not work, then rename file data-updates.lua to data-final-fixes.lua.
6/ Start the game again and see if it works.

Please let me know if this works for you or not.

3 years ago

I have released 0.18.1 / 1.0.0, both have moved the changes to data-final-fixes.lua phase (as step 5 above).
I am not sure if they will work for your mod set or not (as I have not heard any feedback from you.)
data-final-fixes.lua phase change should be well sufficient for any properly-written mods.

New response