Scanning Radar

by Strath

A scanning radar that sweeps an arc. Control radius, speed, direction, and more with signals.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

i Put Signal controls in main description

1 year, 10 months ago

Just to make life easier for people looking at the mod, I had to dig to find signal controls in the patch notes. They should be posted on the info page.

1 year, 18 days ago

Thought having the signals in the FAQ would be enough

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

ngl, it kinda confused me to not see the signal controls in the description, and I had to find out in discussions that the signal controls are in the faq. That just makes more steps than needed when the description, which should describe things like signal controls, is perfectly fine to put that kind of info. A faq should be used for frequently asked questions. A good use of the faq would be answering something like "What unit of measurement is used for the signals. Is it per chunk?" which would seem obvious to some but not to everyone. Another question for the faq I can suggest is "what is the unit of speed used for signals?" "How is power calculated?" Basically, arbitrary and not obvious info that someone might want to know, signal definitions which is something someone should know when using this mod should not be hidden.

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

@Skellitor301,
tada

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ScanningRadar_Blueprintable/faq

You seem to be missing the point of the complaint. It's not often the faq part of mod pages are used so not everyone looks for them, and the info is pretty important to know for mod use. It's not helpful to obscure information like that behind something not everyone knows exists. Having the info in the description is much more helpful and useful to the average person cause people are more likely to look through the description than they are to look for the faq. It's not a complaint of not being able to find the info, it's a complaint about how it's obscured.

New response