Satisfactorio

by PFQNiet

Love Factorio? Love Satisfactory? Want to play both at once? Well all right then! This overhaul mod reworks Factorio to play more like Satisfactory, with Milestones, self-driving cars, direct connection of belts to machines, and much more! Please support the original developers by purchasing a legal copy of Satisfactory before downloading this mod.

Overhaul
2 years ago

g Text Plates

2 years ago

How do I create the objects from the mod "Text Plates"? I've had the mod enabled since the start, and I've seen it being used on a server I played, but I've never been able to create the text stuff myself... am I missing something?

2 years ago

You should just be able to select the desired plate from your crafting menu and go from there as normal. You start with iron text plates as soon as you've placed the Hub for the first time, and unlock more materials later.

2 years ago

There's nothing... I can grab the text plate from a blueprint, but it obviously only places a ghost. I can't build the actual thing...

2 years ago

They should appear in the Crafting Menu. Do you not see them there?

2 years ago

Nope.... Nothing of the sort... In fact, I've noticed that there are no modded items available. No text plates, no factorismo, no nothing... :( I really don't want to restart. I've come so far...

2 years ago

If you look at the tech tree, do iron text plates appear on the "The Hub" tech, alongside iron ingots?

2 years ago

Nope... There's nothing like that anywhere.. Even if I open the craft menu and search for "text plate" it comes up with nothing... I've searched in all the craft menus I can find...

2 years ago

If you can't find any text plates on any parts of the tech tree (concrete text plates on the Hub Upgrade that unlocks concrete, steel text plates on the steel processing milestone..) then it just sounds like the Textplates mod isn't active for some reason.

2 years ago

I've been trying to check to make 110% sure that the text plates are not there, but there seems to be an issue with the latest update to factorio(v1.1.48)... It's not letting me add the mod anymore. On my work pc which is using a standalone version of factorio (v1.1.43 i think) the mod is still working tho.... (i know this is off topic, but i thought you'd want to know about the issue)

Error ModManager.cpp:1577: Error while running setup for tips-and-tricks-item prototype "pole-dragging-coverage" (tips-and-tricks-item): Dependency "drag-building-poles" does not exist.

2 years ago

Okay I think I might have (kinda) figured out the problem with the text plates.... I started a new world with the mod disabled... played a bit, then enabled it again.... The Concrete text plate is not available to build (but I can see it in the HUB Upgrade 3 which I already researched), but now I've recently done the Caterium Ingot upgrade in the MAM, and now I can build gold text plates.... so... i guess the issue is with the text you get through HUD upgrades... I hope this makes sense...

2 years ago

Ah, so if I'm understanding you correctly it seems that it doesn't work if you've already unlocked the techs needed for them when you add the mod? I can look into that more specifically.

2 years ago

Yes, it seems that way... can confirm the same thing happens with Factorissimo2 mod.

Any idea as to why I can't seem to add your mod to my Steam game?

2 years ago

The newest version of Factorio broke something, and I'm not in a position to be able to fix it right now. You would need to select a different version to continue right now, sorry about that.

I will look into fixing the mod compatibility stuff. I did kind of assume that you'll have them enabled from the start, which isn't always the case!

2 years ago

To be honest I thought that I did have them enabled from the start, but it seems I was wrong (apparently).. Thank you so much for your response and interest in my issue. And thanks for an amazing mod. It's really a lot of fun! I love both games, so this is really awesome for me (this mod inspired me to dive back into my abandoned (Satis)factory I started last year) I'd really like to see some more progress on this mod, when you have the chance.... Keep up the great work!

New response