Satisfactorio

by PFQNiet

Love Factorio? Love Satisfactory? Want to play both at once? Well all right then! This overhaul mod reworks Factorio to play more like Satisfactory, with Milestones, self-driving cars, direct connection of belts to machines, and much more! Please support the original developers by purchasing a legal copy of Satisfactory before downloading this mod.

Overhaul
2 years ago

i Mod Options

2 years ago

I had already written it in another topic, I am very impressed that you do that Originally implemented so true to detail, especially from 3d to 2d. But in some places I would have liked a less precise implementation. I would like to specify that here.

In the original game, vehicle stations can either load or unload the vehicle, or put or take the items on the conveyor belt, not both. That always leads to the vehicle must be in motion for Both the loading station and the unloading station to be able to work at all. These vehicles then often drive with almost full inventory in the long run the distances, without any real benefit.
As a player, I think about whether I build it at all or just put belts on even on very long stretches, but in the end they have a higher number of items than the vehicles could ever have it, because every time when loading and unloading the conveyor belts are no longer served.
I don't really understand what the idea behind it was in the original game, except that there is no sufficiently good logic integration.
But here at Factorio we have this logic!

So my suggestion: a mod option with which you can switch on, so the vehicle stations both loading and unloading can be carried out and the conveyor belts which lead into or out of the stations can be operated AT THE SAME TIME.

The next point is the underground belts. Cool that you brought them into play as a quasi replacement for the non-existent 3d. It's a shame that they are all the same length. sometimes I would like to "jump" over an assembler, but even with mk 5 Underground belts do not work. What are your thoughts on doing them all the same lenght? and Would you rethink that and give the higher MK levels a higher range?

Boxes. A mod option to limit the boxe inventorys just like in Factorio

Logic. A mod option with which you can research the logic modules (combinators) from Factiro. It would be enough if you had boxes and belts could connect using red /
green wire.

greetings and so
Bonny

2 years ago

There is actually a reason for the vehicles blocking conveyor belts, and that is because the transfer is done stack-by-stack. If materials are able to be added/removed by belt at the same time, then it could end up moving a "stack" of just one or two items and get stuck in this very inefficient cycle. By blocking the I/O and transferring stacks (the way it is now), this guarantees loading/unloading times.

While it does make it harder to guarantee throughput, this can be partially mitigated by putting a storage container alongside the building to act as a buffer. This is "standard procedure" in Satisfactory and it works quite well in this mod too for the same reasons.

I want to revisit underground belts at some point to see if I can do something really clever: adjust their cost based on their length, and allow them to be quite long. For now, though, since they are fixed in price and length, I've set that to be relatively short and cheap. I can see about maybe adding a startup option like "underground belt multiplier" that modifies both the length and cost of underground belts, that might work.

Since Satisfactory doesn't allow setting limits on boxes, I didn't put that in the mod, but I suppose that could always be made an option to add it back in. Keep the option off for a more Satisfactory-like experience, turn it on for Factorio-style.

Connecting stuff with circuit network can be a bit tricky with custom entities. Is there anything in particular you'd like to be able to do?

2 years ago

as far as the original game is concerned, yeah, the thing whit the Storage container is some way of workaround. It works, but "well" is not the word that comes to my mind.
But we are not in the original game here :) I would like to use the train station as you can use it in factorio, "train stops until it is fully loaded", "train stops until it is completely unloaded" The options are at the stations available alrdy, but currently not usable because the train stucks very quickly at one of the stations when the station does not have enough to fully load the train or is still half full and the train cannot be completely unloaded.
If you would see a possibility there and could change it (via mod setting and deafult off) that would help, even if it were slower.

Undergroundbelts- Ok , sounds good, both, ur plan for future and the pricemodifier for now.

boxes- exactly

Network
Belts- Read content
- stop with condition
Boxes- Read content

2 years ago

[Edit] If you could make train stations readable, and the factorio feature "number of trains allowed for this station" make addressable via wire and insert the combinators, it is possible to bypass the train loading / unloading problem by means of circuits;)

New response