Santa's Nixie Tube Display

Another version of the nixie tubes, less features, less UPS drops.

Content
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1
Circuit network

b Crashes when placed in the Blueprint Designer Lab

2 years ago

When placed in the Blueprint Designer Lab (another) mod, SNTD causes a crash:

1570.840 Error MainLoop.cpp:1284: Exception at tick 108554332: The mod Santa's Nixie Tube Display (0.1.12) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event SantasNixieTubeDisplay::script_raised_destroy (ID 79)
SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:29: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'pairs'
SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:29: in function 'removeNixieSprites'
SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:234: in function <SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:230>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'raise_event'
BlueprintLab_design/scripts/common.lua:36: in function 'DestroyEntity'
BlueprintLab_design/scripts/lab-effects.lua:76: in function <BlueprintLab_design/scripts/lab-effects.lua:65>

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

I think I figured out what caused the issue. Or, rather, stumbled upon a way to deliberately reproduce it.

The nixie tubes that would crash the game if you try to remove them won't display anything, even when configured to do so. One way to cause this is to remove the nixie tube normally, and then undo the removal. Factorio will try to place a blueprint for the nixie tube. The Blueprint Designer Lab mod will instead place a real nixie tube. The replaced nixie tube will not display anything even if configured properly. If you try to remove it a second time, the game will crash with the error modul0x90 quoted above.

1 year, 6 days ago

hmm.. I didn't provide blueprintabilty... so copy/paste undo/redo won't work either...

10 months ago

Bump ... I cannot remove the nixie tube when using The Lab mod.
It crashes with the following:
The mod Santa's Nixie Tube Display (0.1.12) caused anon-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event
SantasNixieTubeDisplay:on_pre_player_mined_item (ID 11)
SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:29:bad argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'pairs'
SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:29: in function 'removeNixieSprites'
SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:234: in function <SantasNixieTubeDisplay__/control.luaL230>

New response